LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JFo

I forgot how to avatar

So, I've been trying to upload a new avatar pic for my profile. I tried uploading a file from my computer, using a URL and neither option seems to work. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What's the recommended settings for avatars these days anyway? Size limits? Do I still need to use a .gif?  Please advise.

• RDA soldiers are exposed to animals' and exotic plants' attacks. However, Na'vi have to watch out for wolves.

Wolves cannot climb a tree so when you come across one, hide on the tree.

Na'vi do not have many long-distance weapons. A bow and a crossbow have limited ammunition so use them reasonably.

Steering a mech you have to act with certain delay because the arm of the machine won't be as fast as the main body.

• Like 1

• RDA soldiers are exposed to animals' and exotic plants' attacks. However, Na'vi have to watch out for wolves.
  • Wolves cannot climb a tree so when you come across one, hide on the tree.
  • Na'vi do not have many long-distance weapons. A bow and a crossbow have limited ammunition so use them reasonably.
  • Steering a mech you have to act with certain delay because the arm of the machine won't be as fast as the main body.

Sometimes when Robot Monkeys cross reference archived human data knowledge input they have issues parsing the subtle syntax of the metadata. Or apologies to you Mr. J. Fo, we are currently working on an upgrade to replace our previous model.

Jay,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried everything you mentioned in your post, but I still can't seem to upload my avatar to the site. Do you know what the fuck you're talking about?

Uploading in Avatar is similar to an MRI. The big ring that the coffin slides inside spins around really quickly, to capture views of your brain within an intense magnetic field. But it has to be a two-way system, of course: as the coffin slides inside the field the ring generates, it becomes part of a feedback system, reading the occupant's brain and feeding back sensory impressions from the Avatar.

Are you certain that the problem is with the "upload" and not the feedback chain?

Initially I was going to submit a repair order, but since it appears to have Red Ringed on us I've gone ahead and submitted an RMA. I'm going for a full refund.

Jeff, Im not sure why it's not working but Parrish had the same issue awhile back. When I asked him how he fixed it, he said:

I put it on imgur and imported it from an URL instead of trying to upload it to the site.

Hopefully we can get the normal way fixed.

So, I've been trying to upload a new avatar pic for my profile. I tried uploading a file from my computer, using a URL and neither option seems to work. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What's the recommended settings for avatars these days anyway? Size limits? Do I still need to use a .gif?  Please advise.

bF8UklMx.jpeg sdvrENHZ.jpeg 3zFSMxSQ.jpeg

Just tried the Imgur solution. It did not work for me.

Have you tried using a smaller jpeg, like 80x80px & 50bytes, for example? I don't know what the size limits are.

I have now avatared. I managed to get a file from Imgur to work finally. The only thing I can think of is I whitelisted this site with my ad blocker (Ghostery) and it came through. I'm not sure if that was the culprit or not, but it seems like it may have done the trick.