LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

Friday the 13th: The Game - Kickstarter with Cunningham, Hodder, Savini involved

One person plays as Jason, the others are Counselors who try to survive the night. This is the game "Summer Camp" announced before, now with the Friday the 13th license.

....and gameplay description:

Friday the 13th: The Video Game is focused mainly on the Jason vs Counselor scenarios that have been the staple of the series since the beginning; you will be playing as Jason or a camp counselor in Camp Crystal Lake. The multiplayer component to the game will pit one player as Jason against up to seven people as counselors. We’ve dedicated an incredible amount of time to balancing out counselor vs. Jason scenarios to ensure fans are every bit as excited by the possibility of slaying jocks, nerds, and cheerleaders as Jason Voorhees, while simultaneously giving you that sense of challenge and fear from being a counselor.

One of our major goals is overcoming the stigma that some players have about asymmetrical multiplayer games. We know the worst feeling in the world of multiplayer gaming is believing you are ‘stuck’ and ‘without hope’. Horror in general, but specifically Friday the 13th, lends itself well to this style of game. The premise plus our game design consideration will overcome this dilemma and we can prove that asymmetrical multiplayer can work, be balanced, fun and frightening as hell.

While Jason can be an immensely daunting, seemingly unstoppable force, he is able to be brought down with an ‘epic’ win condition. It’ll be difficult, require some teamwork, and perhaps a bit of ingenuity, but we’ll be giving you the tools and opportunities to realize the biggest win in horror gaming. That sense of relief at the end, knowing you stopped the biggest and baddest killer in the world is not something to take lightly… We hope that this becomes a proud gaming moment for everyone that achieves it, one worth sharing and boasting to the world about. Lest you be worried… Jason will always come back for more!

I love the concept. 

they'll make an awesome My Little Pony or Rainbow Bright game.

1310408441466.jpg

Anyways...colour me interested!!  I love the Friday the 13th franchise.  I'll have to kick this product near the end of the month for sure!!

I think he was using a teleporting ability in the video, and it sounded like there was some sort of re-charge mechanic for the person playing as him.

I'm in the process of re-watching the films that I haven't seen in years. I was surprised how good the Jason battle and the whole end sequence is in part 2. 

Comes out Friday. Hopefully getting my backer code soon. If anyone else get this for PS4, let's play.

I watched this on Twitch a bit during the beta. It looked pretty good, and there were a lot of people role playing their characters, which was fun.