LCVG
Angry the Clown

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (It's out. It's good. Even the chump who started this thread finally bought one. Deal with it.)

So... Blizzard posted a Diablo nightlight clip on Twitter, six seconds long. All they do is switch it on and off.

Lot of speculation that this is our heads up that D3 is going to hit the Switch. I mean, I dunno that I want to triple dip... but portable D3 is super tempting...

• Like 1

Blizzard has issued a statement addressing its tweet that heavily suggested Diablo was coming to Switch.

"We cannot confirm this rumour," a Blizzard spokesperson told Eurogamer. "As of now, we do not have any current plans to announce Diablo for Switch.

"This tweet was meant to be a fun engagement piece. We do not have any plans to announce Diablo for Switch."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-02-it-looks-like-diablo-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

syn0xWk.gif

Mario Tennis release date leaked, June 22nd. 

Pretty sure it’s just Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Mario 3D World that I want to come to Switch from WiiU now...

A new version of NES Remix would be great too...

I’d still like Yoshi but can’t see it happening with the new game on the way, especially with it looking quite simile gameplay wise.

Curious to see when Mario Maker will make it over to the Switch. Could be a late 2018 contender.

I’m playing it on PS4, but I can not recommend Steamworld Heist enough. It’s amazingly fun if you like tactics and I am impressed at how well 2D XCOM works in practice.

I’m literally playing nothing else right now; the ‘just one more map’ pull is irresistible and pulling off a full clear with everybody alive and the hats and bank shots... yeah... it’s great stuff.

19 hours ago, Mark E said:

I’m playing it on PS4, but I can not recommend Steamworld Heist enough. It’s amazingly fun if you like tactics and I am impressed at how well 2D XCOM works in practice.

I played it on PC, and it's great.  Not quite as satisfying as Dig 2, but also a very different game.  It fell into the usual tactics problem though with keeping most of the same crew the entire time once I got comfortable with a set of characters. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

I played it on PC, and it's great.  Not quite as satisfying as Dig 2, but also a very different game.  It fell into the usual tactics problem though with keeping most of the same crew the entire time once I got comfortable with a set of characters. 

I HAVE noticed that. They create that problem by keeping everybody alive rather than the XCOM method of permadeath.

They keep it a little more robust by having varying objectives and such, but you’re totally right - it’s in your interest to use the same people. I mostly use Piper, Valentine, and Payroll. Payroll was a ‘late’ addition but I freaking love him.

I hope they surprise drop 'Into the Breach'.  I really want to play it... but don't use my PC ever anymore.

I'm guessing we will see more of this in tomorrow's direct, but it has been announced that a 25th Anniversary edition of Flashback is coming to Switch in June:

Publisher Microïds has announced that classic space adventure Flashback is heading to Switch on June 7th in celebration of its 25th anniversary.

Flashback, for those of a forgetful nature, or unborn at the time, was designer Paul Cuisset's celebrated cinematic adventure that released on Amiga in 1992. It charts the space-bound escapades of Conrad B Hart, a young scientist that finds himself on Titan, a colonised moon of Saturn, at the start of the game.

"His enemies and kidnappers are snapping at his heels," says Microïds, "and he has to find a way back to Earth while warding off the dangers that beset him and unravelling a fiendish extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the planet..."

Maths fans might have spotted an oddity already, what with 1992 having happened 26 years ago. The newly announced Switch release is actually based on the Super Nintendo version, which released in 1993. To that end, it can be played it two modes: in its the original SNES guise, or in Modern Mode which contains post-FX graphics filters, remastered sound and music, a "rewind" function, and some handy tutorials.

If you really like Flashback, you can opt for the special physical Collector's Edition, featuring a metal case designed to resemble a Super Nintendo cartridge, albeit an American one.

Also included are a copy of the game itself (naturally), a digital version of the remastered soundtrack, a manual inspired by the 1993 original, and a numbered metal card. A card!

mdHTi96.png

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-19-classic-space-adventure-flashback-is-coming-to-switch-with-a-fancy-retro-collectors-edition

• Like 2

I was happily surprised to see  Mark of the Ninja Remastered announced during the stream as well. I loved that game on a the 360, and I’ve patiently waited for it to come to the Xbox One as a back compat title. If that's not in the cards, I’d be willing to double dip. The Switch would be an awesome fit for this game.

Lumines trailer provides no specific release date, but at least single's out May as the month of release:

It's also coming to PS4, XB1 and PC.

Mizuguchi has overseen the remaster. 

• Like 2

Here's the Direct in full (it's only 12 minutes):

Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - Fall 2018
Fantasy Strike - Summer 2018

Just Shapes and Beats - Summer 2018
Garage - Spring 2018
Pool Panic - 2018
Bomb Chicken - Summer 2018
Lumines Remastered - Spring 2018
Reigns: Kings and Queens - Spring 2018
Light Falls - Spring 2018
West of Loathing - Spring 2018
Pode - Spring 2018
The Messenger - Summer 2018
Bad North - Summer 2018
The Banner Saga 3 - Summer 2018 (first two games also coming soon).

Just Shapes and Beats looks like it could be good.

Gents, I'll reiterate what I've said before - putting all of this content into one thread is fine but please feel free to fan out some of this discussion on individual games into their own threads. They get more visibility that way!

Thanks.

• Like 1

Nintendo have an Easter sale on for EU customers with ARMS, Doom, Skyrim, LA Noir and others with a little money off. All very Nintendo level discounts, but worth a look. Bomberman is down to £24.99 which still seems too expensive (though it's £36 for a physical copy on Amazon ffs!). Also worth remembering we earn points to redeem as discounts towards future purchases which does make things a touch more appealing. 

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2018/March/Nintendo-eShop-sale-Spring-into-Action-Sale-1355263.html

Sale runs until the 5th of April.

Hard to believe it's only three months away already. Nintendo's E3 website is now live:

https://e3.nintendo.com

I wonder what we'll see in the E3 Direct. It strikes me that it could be a real biggie for reveals. The webpage touts a Smash Bros E3 Tournament, so we'll definitely be getting a gameplay reveal in June, but I wonder if we might finally see Metroid in action too. Could we also see the first look at Pokemon, and maybe get an Animal Crossing announcement? Perhaps it will be finally time to lift the lid on whatever Retro have been working on. How about some friggin' Virtual Console details, Nintendo?

• Like 1