LCVG
Angry the Clown

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (It's out. It's good. Even the chump who started this thread finally bought one. Deal with it.)

My son bought the Labo robot kit yesterday and we finished putting it together today. Took about 3.5-4 hours with his help. Might have taken me about 2.5 if I was just doing it myself. It’s pretty cool how everything fits together and the game seems pretty entertaining. I just don’t know if it is going to have lasting appeal.

And I had to really think how the joycon in the backpack was reading arm and leg movements. But then I remembered that they have IR sensors in the bottom.  There are four “pistons” in the backpack and they have reflective stickers on them. You can see the pistons position in real time during the game and how they move using the strings attached to the arms and legs.  It’s a cool setup. 

• Like 1

The piano in the other pack is a thing of beauty. I’ve not even had a chance to borrow my son’s long enough to try the other parts, but it’s mindblowing that it can do polyphonic. 

• Like 3

No, but I played through the whole thing on PS4 and it’s fantastic. The first one was done by Digital Eclipse and Frank Cifaldi was on board. The level of care is very impressive and the save states mean you can actually finish some of the harder games ;)

I wish they had run the entire series because Legacy 2 sounds lesser in every respect. DE not involved at all.

Just now, Mark E said:

The level of care is very impressive and the save states mean you can actually finish some of the harder games ;)

I think the Switch version goes a step further and adds a rewind feature.

• Like 1