LCVG
Angry the Clown

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (It's out. It's good. Even the chump who started this thread finally bought one. Deal with it.)

On 12/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, MastaRedSnappa said:

I would definitely get:

1) a screen protector ($10 Amazon so why even risk the screen getting scratched?)

2) a micro SD card ($20 on Amazon for a 128GB one... some games are only available as digital downloads) 

3) a case (only if you're planning on travelling with the Switch)

After you get some time with the joy-cons, you should get a good idea of whether you can use them long-term or not. They are perfectly fine for most games but for games like Fortnite, they are not so good. The size of the analog sticks and face buttons are really small. The Pro controller is a great remedy for that.

What this guy said, but if I had to be brand specific.

amFilm for screen protector, Samsung for microSD, and RDS cases.

Happy with my Orzly screen protector if you want an alternative; to the extent that my brother took his other brand one off and got me to replace it with one as well. 

They added Zelda 2 because I bought it for my play through, you’re welcome :P.

Vesperia’s getting good reviews. I do not have the cash for it right now, but hopefully later this year. They added a full on cooking competition which sounds like a ton of fun - hunting down the Wonder Chef in each town was a good time in the original.

There’s also a LOT of hinting from SE twitter accounts that something related to Bravely Default is coming to Switch this year. Those games with a graphic lick of paint would make for a tasty re-buy.

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

They added Zelda 2 because I bought it for my play through, you’re welcome :P.

This sorta sounds like you bought it to make a play through video.  Did you?  Or you just played through?  

What Jeff said. :)

I’m making my way through the Zelda series one game at a time. No videos because that’s a youngsters game and I don’t want people to watch me reloading over and over ;).

• Haha 1

I miss threads sometimes, I don't even know how. Like, how did I miss that! That's a pretty epic undertaking!  👍

Definitely. I think heavy crossover is inevitable, but if they want to get a bulk of them out of the way first then all the better, plus we at least gain portability. It's interesting to see Stunt Race FX on there (loved that game back in the day) as it's not one that plays well on a hacked Classic, at least it wasn't the last time I updated Hackchi.