LCVG
Angry the Clown

Nintendo Switch discussion thread (It's out. It's good. Even the chump who started this thread finally bought one. Deal with it.)

On 2/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, Angry the Clown said:

Reggie’s body is ready... for something else.

Real end of an era there. Sad to see a friendly face go, but at least there seems to be nothing troublesome behind the decision. 

(Doug) Bowser will be taking over.

There's only so many meme's a man can take.

1 hour ago, AlbertA said:

There's only so many meme's a man can take.

1CFE9831-717B-402C-832F-DA56063B9B6B.gif

1 hour ago, Mark E said:

Save states might be the only way I can finally see the end of Startropics :P

Really?  I owned that game back in the day, and I don't remember it being that hard.  I should go back and check it out again.  I actually have a copy of the sequel as well, which I don't think is that common. 

Actually, how is there nothing that references StarTropics in Smash? 

It gets pretty rough at the end, as I recall, and I was much younger when I played it, is my defence ;).

The controls are nothing to write home about either.

No Startropics love is almost certainly because it was developed in the US instead of Japan :)

Google cardboard says hi. Don't see why it wouldn't be around the same as other labo kits.

22 minutes ago, dogbert said:

Google cardboard says hi. Don't see why it wouldn't be around the same as other labo kits.

I was wondering about it when I saw that they were selling multiple tiers (just the blaster, and two expansions).  Full kit is the same price, smaller one with just the blaster is $40. 

• Like 1

FYI...Blaster Master Zero 2 was announced today and its currently OUT NOW for $10.

Blaster Master Zero was a remake/re-imagining of the NES classic and its awesome. Easy purchase for me when I get home tonight.

Here's the trailer:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JFo said:

You dont' need to wait until you get home. Buy it now😊

Yeah I know. I still won't bother until I get home as I do with most of my digital purchases.

It would be nice if Limited Run Games did a Blaster Master Zero physical edition that included both games. I'd buy.:)

Alongside Blaster Master Zero 2, I picked this up today as it was on sale for $8 on the Switch:

It's a well reviewed Castlevania like indie that jumped out at me. If I like it, there's a physical edition exclusive to Play-Asia for $24 I'll likely order as well for both the PS4 and Switch.

I'm down for a more premium version of the hardware (OLED screen please!) but my god when is Nintendo going to add any level of organizational options to the Switch front end menu? At various times this console generation, its been Sony and Microsoft that have taken flack for either outright poor UI design or lacking folders or other organizational options for bigger game libraries. Meanwhile, the Switch has been on the market for three years and its still living on the same "here's one bar of games and we'll sort it for you dummy" UI design and not a peep from Nintendo on significant changes coming. The 3DS has a myriad of organizational options/folders/themes as an example and it was a well laid out little system. As my Switch library grows, I it becomes more of an annoyance not having content be accessible right from the main screen.