LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 7 Announced! Regular and VR Title (PS4, XB1 and PC) - January 24th 2017 release date

Some information:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/blog/2016/06/13/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusiveResident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version ofResident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

The Resident Evil saga started 20 years ago with the launch of the 1996 original, and this exciting new evolution makes now the perfect time to be a fan. Experiencing the exploration and immersive atmosphere in the new, unnervingly intimate first-person view of Resident Evil 7 is guaranteed to be the stuff of nightmares when the game releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.

Interesting to see how the gameplay is; this looks like Silent Hill more than RE - spooky as eff. The bayou is a great setting too.

Honestly, this was the biggest surprise for me at E3. Totally did not see that one coming.

The demo is short and sweet. Does not hit PT levels of "nope" but is is very atmospheric, voice acting and character models are great. It's all very Texas Chainsaw Massacre as the trailer kind of suggested, so it will be interesting to see how, if at all, it ties into the history of the franchise. It's a definite step in the right direction in tone and atmosphere (at least compared to 5 and 6), but some RE diehards may never be able to accept it as a Resident Evil game from its first person perspective.

It plays some P.T-esque tricks on you and not always repeating itself if you play again, and having things just appear in corners that might not have been there when you last turned around. There's promise here, certainly. I'd be curious to know if there is more to the demo than meets the eye as you can do your first run in about 15 minutes. I'm leaving myself open for lurid replies here, but I didn't know what to do with the doll's finger. 

Sony can't run an online store to save their lives.

To find the demo in the US store, go to "Free" then scroll over to "Demos".  RE7 should be there, select that and scroll down until you find the "Free Trial"

Has it shown up in the US store? I don't see it.

I had to find it using the PS4. Couldn't do it through the web store.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant on the PS4.  :)  

That would appear to be the case.  It's here, thanks Google, but it doesn't allow you to get the download going.  Only add it to your wishlist

That would appear to be the case.  It's here, thanks Google, but it doesn't allow you to get the download going.  Only add it to your wishlist

It's fixed on the web store now.  The link above should take you directly to the page and you can download the "Full Game Trial."

I never found the fuse earlier. Found it this time and gained access to the attic. :) 

there's an Umbrella nod up there.

The demo ended the same way this time, but in a different part of the house.

I still haven't figured out the use for the doll's finger (again, I await filthy replies). A doll always falls randomly from above out of thin air when I pick up the bolt cutters (a cheap jump scare it must be said) but you can't interact with it as far as I can tell. There seems to be a sequence of how to perform your actions and approach the "puzzles" which allows you to survive for longer.

Even though it does not match PT for sheer terror my heart still would not take this in VR.

I remember in Bioshock some guy snuck up behind me and stood there waiting for me to turn around. Scare the shot out of me. Seems like cheating. But whatever, it is effective.

The way you die in this though, a character appears out of nowhere which bugs me from a practicality point of view. On my 3rd game, when I was in the attic, I had my back to the door when it ended for me, so on my next try I thought maybe if I kept the door in my sight every time I'd continue to be safe, but no. Same again.

I never found the fuse earlier. Found it this time and gained access to the attic. :) 

there's an Umbrella nod up there.

The demo ended the same way this time, but in a different part of the house.

I still haven't figured out the use for the doll's finger (again, I await filthy replies). A doll always falls randomly from above out of thin air when I pick up the bolt cutters (a cheap jump scare it must be said) but you can't interact with it as far as I can tell. There seems to be a sequence of how to perform your actions and approach the "puzzles" which allows you to survive for longer.

Even though it does not match PT for sheer terror my heart still would not take this in VR.

Yes did both ways. But still don't know where you can use the doll's finger... I looked everywhere...I also

tried to follow the guy during the video but they have an invisible wall that prevents you from doing that...gah

Yeah you said it best, it's not PT levels of nope but still felt tense and right on the dot, it does remind one of Texas Chainsaw massacre.

I got the

standard back door exit ending as well as the attic ending after answering the phone.

Curious what else there is to do. I'm definitely digging it though. P.T. is heavily baked into the design of this game even if it's not nearly as effective. Still, it's the most interested I've been in a Resident Evil game since 4.

Capcom told Eurogamer that the demo and even the character you're playing are not part of the actual RE7 game which is interesting. More interesting still are hints that there is combat in this demo and a weapon. Clearly there is a fair bit to unravel here.

Oh. OHHH. Explore properly during the VHS segment. There's a lockpick tucked away in the kitchen!

I was able to unlock the blue drawer in the kitchen. When I revisited the kitchen after the tape finished an axe is in the drawer which you can swipe with to attack.... Puzzling thing is it does you no good when you get caught. I tried hacking at the wooden boards covering some doors but no good

OK, this is actually now veering into PT levels of amusement. The PT influence cannot be argued, but if the death of PT gave us this, then so be it. There's a lot going on here.

I think we need to be taking our time more during the VHS section. As I said, there's a lockpick in the kitchen which you can use to directly influence something you can find when the tape is finished, but there's clearly other stuff to pay attention to in the VHS segment too. I don't know the purpose of the headphones on the desk upstairs. You can't interact with them.

Has anyone seen the bloody GHOST yet?