LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 7 Announced! Regular and VR Title (PS4, XB1 and PC) - January 24th 2017 release date

Resident Evil 7 Xbox One X enhanced patch is out for those interested. The game had a Pro patch at launch so this is basically bringing the game up to parity on the X. No comparisons from what I've seen as of yet.

I think after I finish God of War, this will be next. That RE2 reveal at E3 has me excited to finally play this.

• Like 1

I would have had several heart attacks in the space of the first twenty minutes if I ever played this in VR. Part of me really misses having surround as even in stereo via the TV it is clear that the game has some superb sound design... the other part of me says it'd scare me silly in 5.1 (I'm finding it unsettling enough as it is).

• Like 1

Got the snake key and the first key card. I'm currently in the attic about the kid's bedroom and am very low on ammo. Mildly terrified. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Done! What a fantastic game. Think I liked it even more than 4. 

RE4 is one of my favorite games ever. You. Bastard.

I assume then, based on the comment above, that you aren't going to dive into any of the additional content that was released as DLC? I bought the Gold Edition when it went on sale over E3, so I have all of that to look forward to as well.

6 hours ago, JFo said:

I assume then, based on the comment above, that you aren't going to dive into any of the additional content that was released as DLC? I bought the Gold Edition when it went on sale over E3, so I have all of that to look forward to as well.

I may do later in the year, just for some added RE to get hyped to the 2 remake. The DLC is often in PSN sales here. 

There’s a free level to download too (think it came out at the end of 2017. On completion the game alerted me to it). The PS Store listing for it spoils a neat thing at the end of 7 though, so maybe don’t go looking for it before you finish.

I finally played Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour over the past couple nights. I played a couple times and got the Bad Ending twice, then turned to a couple video walk-throughs to find out how to solve the puzzles and earn the True Ending. I couldn't get the last laugh to trigger and had to watch that VHS tape four times before it finally happened.

My plan is to start the main game either tonight or tomorrow. Normally, I'll play a game on the big TV in the family room while my wife sits next to me on the couch, but I think she might escape to our bedroom upstairs when she sees this. Scary games aren't her thing, and I suspect that this is going to be more intense than she normally likes. (She was out working the last two nights, so she missed my playthrough of Beginning Hour.)

I'm playing this on the Xbox One X, by the way.

15 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

The actual game, thankfully, isn't anywhere near as bewildering as Beginning Hour when it comes to the puzzles.

I figured it wouldn't be.