LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Insomiac and Sony bring you Spider-Man exclusively to PS4 - September 7th, 2018 release date

The white spider is interesting, but makes him look like a pair of sneakers. There will probably be costume unlocks? Who cares! Insomniac has my vote of confidence after R&C and that looked great.

I'll take a solid control scheme and open world gameplay to go, please!

Interesting article about Spider-Man and Marvel games

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-06-15-spider-man-leads-marvels-epic-new-console-strategy

One particular comment...

"We've had a long history of success with Activision, and we still have a great relationship with them," Ong said. "But the future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac.

Very cool. They sound like they're trying to go after the Arkham style of big releases and I would be very okay with that. I do think that there's been a string of releases chasing an upcoming movie and it sounds like they're actually learning why that leads to sub-par product.

All Spider-Man games look good to me. But my faith in Insomniac is what makes this interesting. I only have a PS4, so I'm good with the exclusivity. Though it is a little weird, these days, to see such a big property like Marvel or Star Wars to go single platform.

I love Spider-Man. I love PS4. I love Insomniac. Still, I'm only buying this of they use the classic Spider-Man/PS3 font.

I like that they're basically stealing the Arkham model for combat. There are worse things!

Definitely my favorite thing I saw yesterday after the Mario + Rabbids trailer :).

Lots of interesting lifts from Dan Slott's run on the comics and Mr. Negative is a fun villain.