LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Insomiac and Sony bring you Spider-Man exclusively to PS4 - September 7th, 2018 release date

Ugh. Think I’ve completely screwed myself on the platinum. I was spending challenge tokens on maxing out my gadget strength assuming that would be a trophy but it isn’t, so my last trophy is buying all the costumes and I just don’t think I have the skill or patience to get top scores on the Taskmaster challenges (I have Spectacular grades for most).

Hmm. Yeah. Spectacular scores on all challenges and 19 tokens needed to buy the remaining costumes for a platinum.

Fuuuuck that. I’m out.

4 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Hmm. Yeah. Spectacular scores on all challenges and 19 tokens needed to buy the remaining costumes for a platinum.

Fuuuuck that. I’m out.

I specifically mentioned the issue a few times in the thread.  Thankfully, you only need to Gold/Ultimate 6 challenges to get what you need as each gives 3 tokens per IIRC. That’s cake, bro. You can Gold the four bomb challenges easy to get 12. It’ll take very little time. I even posted some vids on some earlier. The last two-three can be done via the stealth challenges. They are harder but not when you know the routes and they are easier than the drones. I’d pop up some walkthrough guides to make it easy and get you where you need to be. I generally try to drive these myself but if your goal is to get the plat, there’s nothing wrong with a little help.

• Like 1

Thanks. I had largely avoided the thread and reading up on achievements as I tend to like keeping things as fresh as possible these days. I’ll give it a whirl.

Funnily the bomb ones were the challenges I felt least likely to get top score on. As wonderful as thwipping around as Spidey is, set to a time limit the camera going against you, or getting yourself snagged on a stairwell or flag pole costs you dearly.

7 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Ugh. Think I’ve completely screwed myself on the platinum. I was spending challenge tokens on maxing out my gadget strength assuming that would be a trophy but it isn’t, so my last trophy is buying all the costumes and I just don’t think I have the skill or patience to get top scores on the Taskmaster challenges (I have Spectacular grades for most).

If you wind up getting the DLC for cheap at some point down the road, that'll help with challenge tokens as well.  There are a bunch of new challenges but no new gadgets, and all the DLC costumes are earned rather than purchased.  (I platinum'ed before the DLC dropped, but I still had a bunch of gadgets to upgrade and zero desire to perfect the Taskmaster challenges.  The DLC challenges with Screwball are generous enough with tokens that I was fully upgraded after Turf Wars.)

• Like 2

I think you can skip the dlc and start start a new "+" game to get the tokens necessary to unlock all suits. IIRC, that's what I did for the trophy.

• Like 4

OK, I’m getting there. Have maxed out on the bomb and stealth missions. I need just one more challenge token so I need a max score on either a combat or drone challenge. Then I need about a half dozen more base tokens and I can buy up the remaining suits. 

• Like 2

Spider-Dan, Spider-Dan, does whatever to platinum, man...

Replays shit, beats up thugs, probably drinks marmite from his mugs...

Etc ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DONE!

The bomb mission videos were very helpful (thanks for sharing that, Romier). After those I went for max score on the three stealth missions and one of the combat missions which got me the remaining challenge tokens that I needed. Finally I just had to grab some base tokens which didn’t take long.

Won’t be investing in the DLC unless it is super cheap later in the year. Too much other stuff begging for my attention.

• Epic Post 3