LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Stranger Things - New Netflix Supernatural/Thriller series debuting in July

Yep . Netflix and Amazon keep announcing so much new stuff these things pop up with little fanfare.

Looks like a Spielberg flick.

This!

And of course, This!

...and second (amazing) poster:

trGCmUl.jpg

Looks great!

Looks like a Spielberg flick.

I'm sure that's completely intentional.

If anything it's trying a little too hard to look that way. I'll give it a shot though.

Planning on watching with my kids.  Watched the trailer, and not 5 seconds went by before a child yells out SHIT.  Definitely emulating Mr. Spielberg.

Caught first episode, gf and I both quite liked it. There are a lot of nods to the time period and while it isn't groundbreaking or anything, the story is well told at the outset.

Some really nice cinematography too, I thought.

Two episodes in and it's just clicking for me in every way. It's a Stephen King novel come to life presented as a Speilbergs 80's sci-fi/horror thriller without feeling like a complete ripoff. Much like Mr. Robot, it has its own story to tell while wearing it's influences right on its sleeve. Enjoying it immensely thus far.

Devoured it. Loved it.

It really was like reading a Stephen King story a la It. One of the best, if not the best, performances by Winona Ryder.  Really liked how all the main characters were treated intelligently - kids, teens, & adults.

BTW the kid who plays Mike - Finn Wolfhard is also playing Richie Tozier in the latest It movie being filmed right now.

Planned to watch the first two, ended up saying up until midnight & watched the first 4. Really hits its marks & style perfectly. Loving it. I imagine we'll blitz through it all this weekend.

Romier nailed the description.

Just finished episode 4..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Shits about to hit the fan.

That's where we finished last night :) Can't wait for the kids to get to bed already lol

Episode 7 made me laugh so hard I had to pause it

"Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?"

Finished and I want MORE ASAP. Terrific all around from casting to production. The ending made me sit up with glee.