LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Stranger Things - New Netflix Supernatural/Thriller series debuting in July

I finished it as well. I take it...

El is trapped in the upside down and Hop dropping off Eggo's is a way to portal food to her? He's obviously now part of the whole thing as a side effect of the deal he made to get Will back. They never expected him or Joyce to survive but I don't buy that being some kind of grave for her.

My only complaint is that the effectiveness of

the monster waned as it progressed. They simply showed it too much. The quick glance Nancy got in the other world is where I would have stopped. I would have done a great deal of quick and selective editing to keep its full reveal a secret until the very last confrontation with El. My opinion there.

Otherwise, absolutely superb television. Even as the creators actively winked at the audience about how clueless the parents were.:) I eagerly await season 2!

Yeah I took is that

she was still alive and stuck over there. Probably closed the portals when she touched the monster at the end

I do agree on

the monster, though. In that school scene when the gov showed up, they should have cut away from it. But I loved how they filmed the house scene with the blinking lights when Nat and Johnathon went Rambo

Greatest line

"Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?" LMFAO!!!

...and second (amazing) poster:

trGCmUl.jpg

This was created on an iPad Pro with one of my favourite apps (Procreate).

I can't embed the tweet for some reason (perhaps because it contains a gif), but have a look here.

• Like 1

Watched ep3 last night. This show is so damn good, I don't want it to end! Consistently impressed by the authenticity and thoroughness of the 80s vibe.

Watched ep3 last night. This show is so damn good, I don't want it to end! Consistently impressed by the authenticity and thoroughness of the 80s vibe.

It doesn't feel forced either which is the most impressive part of it. A lot of content that shoots to product an 80's retro vibe goes way overboard and it shoots the authenticity right through the window. It just feels organic here and even in 20 years it won't feel "aged", IMO. 

It doesn't feel forced either which is the most impressive part of it. A lot of content that shoots to product an 80's retro vibe goes way overboard and it shoots the authenticity right through the window. It just feels organic here and even in 20 years it won't feel "aged", IMO.

I don't believe the older brother knowing the Smiths already in '83. That's the one gotcha for me personally :) They had a few singles out by then, but in obscure part of the US? Would college radio have picked up on them by then?

Yes, nitpick. :)

• Like 1

I don't believe the older brother knowing the Smiths already in '83. That's the one gotcha for me personally  :) They had a few singles out by then, but in obscure part of the US? Would college radio have picked up on them by then?

Yes, nitpick.  :) 

The Bangles "Hazy Shade of Winter" appeared prominently in one of the early episodes.  That song released in 1985...the show is set in 1983.

Hey guys, I need a spoiler from someone who's watched it all:

Do all of the kids end up okay?  I'd like to watch this with my wife, but she'll be traumatized if we end up with a bunch of dead kids and/or animals, or something...

Thanks!

Without naming specific characters...

There's a scene with a dying deer and one of the older teens does not survive. The central kids all end up okay, although the fate of one of them is left open

Without naming specific characters...

There's a scene with a dying deer and one of the older teens does not survive. The central kids all end up okay, although the fate of one of them is left open

Thanks, Dan!

I should probably add that there is...

Imagery of a dead child (being discovered and on the table in a morgue), but all is not quite what it appears

The viewer is kind of primed by that stage to question that something is amiss too, so that shouldn't be too depressing a reveal when you hit that episode (even though those are admittedly rather morbid scenes to watch). 

Watched it all over the last two days.  That was really well done.  The bad kid acting was offset by the superb kid acting.  Winona Rider can really bring the crazy, too. 

Carlos.