LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Stranger Things - New Netflix Supernatural/Thriller series debuting in July

That is a great trailer! Sometimes you want to avoid trailers because of potential spoilers, but that's a such a well constructed trailer I'd consider it 'a must watch.'  The trailer as entertainment, how novel.

14 hours ago, Dimness said:

Fuck Dragon's Lair.  That game pissed me off more than anything.  Great trailer though.

Haha, I had the same reaction as the trailer started. At the same time, I remember that it would attract crowds, so no doubt they nailed the mood of the arcade.

The Thriller angle was brilliant.

Can't wait for the new season! 

• Like 1

Dragon's Lair - aka Memorization Simulator. I remember it as one of the first games for which arcades installed overhead monitors so everyone could watch the action without crowding the player. I loved watching experienced players go through the levels,  but I could only make my tokens last a minute or two.   

That was an excell entry trailer. I'm eagerly waiting season two. 

Carlos. 

It’s good to see more Netflix stuff hit physical disc at least, but I wish they’d do some of their films not just “TV” shows. I’m happy streaming the series for now but a UHD disc release some day would be welcome. 

Is it just Target getting any form of BD this month or will S1 get a regular case releae at a later date? 

• Like 1

Netflix appear to be distributing that Blu-ray set themselves by the looks of it. That's interesting, though it would be more interesting if they do indeed plan to release a regular case edition down the line as it might suggest they are finally willing to release more of their own content to disc if they now have the means to release titles physically without the help of another distributor. 

I picked up the Blu-Ray box set at Target this morning. It definitely has that cool factor to it with the faux VHS tape look.:) I wish it had a UHD release though.

Is it correct that it has a Dolby TrueHD lossless track? Good to know they were not willing to skimp on that front and one up the stream on one level if that is indeed the case. Shame there are no special features though.

I won't be able to confirm on the TrueHD front until I get home. There's almost no markings as to what it supports on the packaging. The videotape look of the case inside the slip cover and the way it opens is neat. I love the packaging design. For $24 bucks, I can't complain.

Stunned there’s not more discussion on this.

Stranger Things 2 binge complete. Wonderful and I loved it for different reasons than I did the first season. The only downside is that I can’t have more.:(

It has flaws and maybe the Duffer brothers branched out the characters away from one another for too long a period but I love this cast (seriously where did they find this amount of kids that can actually act?) and these characters. Next season - please leave poor Will Beyers alone. That poor kid has been through hell. Twice. :/

Who knew Steve Harrington was the best character on the show all along!

I love Sean Astins arch as well but man

it sucked when he bit it even when I knew it was coming.

It was also really nice to see Winona get to flesh Joyce out outside of the broken down mom from the first season.

5 hours ago, Romier S said:

Stunned there’s not more discussion on this.

I’m in no hurry. I’ve several spooky related films I want to get through this weekend, and have still only watched one episode of Mindhunter and two episodes of Star Trek.

11 hours ago, JoeyN said:

I am on episode 6, but won’t finish until later tonight, gotta work today :(

Curious to hear your thoughts on Ep. 7. It’ll be the most divisive episode of the series for many but I personally loved the change in tone. It felt like Stranger Things does “The Warriors” in a lot of ways but this show has never not worn it’s inspirations on its sleeve.

5 hours ago, Jordan_E said:

Been reading that some thing this season is "X-Men Wannabe." 

Ep. 7 is the only thing that remotely qualifies. Again, it’ll be divisive.