LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Dimness

NFL 2016-2017 Season

I can't believe how old we all are. I never thought I'd see a season with Peyton Manning retired. Or be mad about post season woes with the Bengals. How is everybodys else on their teams?

Cowboys rookie qb looks pretty good so far. They might actually have a keeper here. Still lacking a pass rush and Scandrick is not close to what he was before the knee injury. Maybe they could be a wild card team.

Give Elway credit, he has become one of the top execs in the NFL.

Very true.  I'm shocked how good Elway is at being an exec as well.

Got to see some Sunday Night Football, and damn Dak Prescott is doing better than expected as well.

Are there any animated GIFs yet of OBJ getting bonked in the face with the kicking net? It's a shame he hasn't learned from last year's mistakes, and still lets opponents' mind games get under his skin. He needs to keep his cool and not let that petty stuff affect his play. They're going to keep doing this to him, knowing it'll rattle him.

The young crop of QBs this year is impressive. Other than Cam Newton and perhaps Luck, there haven't been many QBs threatening to become the next generation of elite QBs to follow the aging Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. It's still very early, but Wentz, Prescott, and Siemian offer some hope.

Are there any animated GIFs yet of OBJ getting bonked in the face with the kicking net? It's a shame he hasn't learned from last year's mistakes, and still lets opponents' mind games get under his skin. He needs to keep his cool and not let that petty stuff affect his play. They're going to keep doing this to him, knowing it'll rattle him.

The young crop of QBs this year is impressive. Other than Cam Newton and perhaps Luck, there haven't been many QBs threatening to become the next generation of elite QBs to follow the aging Brady, Rodgers, and Brees. It's still very early, but Wentz, Prescott, and Siemian offer some hope.

As you mentioned, it's very early, but I think from what we saw so far you'd have to throw Garoppolo on that short list. He was fantastic in his two starts. And from what little we've seen of each of them, he would have the top grade,... so far. Wentz moved right up behind him with that last game.

I watched a bit of the Vikings and Giants last night.  As a Bengals fan, I really miss Mike Zimmer, and he's doing a good job up in Minnesota.  I think the real question is how in the hell is Norv Turner still doing good?  He generally runs a very outdated offense yet he's got Sam Brafford in a more pass happy mode and doing okay.  Sam Brafford should have torn another ligament by now.

And this is the first Giants game I paid attention to in years.  I wanted to see what all the hoopla about OBJ was.  I've seen a fantastic catch or two in the past, but he didn't strike me all as impressive.  Small sample size I know, but have I already missed his best games?

I'm somewhat surprised at Denver (expected them to be either 2-2 or 3-1), but I'm shocked all to hell with the Eagles.  I haven't watched them, but I hear Carson has not thrown an interception.  Might it be time for NFL scouts to take a look at Mount Union now?  :Cruise:

I watched a bit of the Vikings and Giants last night.  As a Bengals fan, I really miss Mike Zimmer, and he's doing a good job up in Minnesota.  I think the real question is how in the hell is Norv Turner still doing good?  He generally runs a very outdated offense yet he's got Sam Brafford in a more pass happy mode and doing okay.  Sam Brafford should have torn another ligament by now.

And this is the first Giants game I paid attention to in years.  I wanted to see what all the hoopla about OBJ was.  I've seen a fantastic catch or two in the past, but he didn't strike me all as impressive.  Small sample size I know, but have I already missed his best games?

I'm somewhat surprised at Denver (expected them to be either 2-2 or 3-1), but I'm shocked all to hell with the Eagles.  I haven't watched them, but I hear Carson has not thrown an interception.  Might it be time for NFL scouts to take a look at Mount Union now?  :Cruise:

You watched one game against a monster Vikings defense and you have to ask? He had 1500 yards and 13 TD's last season so...uh..yes. :)

Odell needs to get his head on straight but he's a fucking monster when he's on. 

Odell needs to get his head on straight but he's a fucking monster when he's on. 

I'm not exactly sure who he reminds me of, but it seems like he has a maturity problem that a lot of skill position receivers have.  It seems like it's very easy to get into his head space.

I'm not exactly sure who he reminds me of, but it seems like he has a maturity problem that a lot of skill position receivers have.  It seems like it's very easy to get into his head space.

Two letters. T.O.

Josh Norman showed how to beat OBJ....just fuck with him. He has zero control over himself. Eli will get tired of trying to keep him in check real quick.

I'm having severe doubts about even the Bengals making the postseason this year.  They look awful.  This is my first full game watching Dak Prescott since I saw him play college ball.  He's getting it done.  I might watch the Packers/Giants game tonight.

The Vikings are looking pretty tough.

Weird game NYG @ GB. All the CB injuries yet both QBs struggled. Hope Lacy injury is not serious, he's looked good this year.

Man Eddie Lacy is huge. I was wondering why he didn't play more until I saw him on the sideline. I was wondering what was wrong with Aaron Rogers in the early part. That man had all day and still looked off. Manning is hit or miss like usual.

Vikings are for real. They should not be this good. Sam Brafford should've been a liability by now.

As a very patient Bengals fan, I think it's time to let go of Marvin Lewis.  If the height of his success is simply making the playoffs, we're going to need a new head coach.  I appreciate what he's done, but he's obviously peaked.  I would even say we took a back slide this past year.

The Packers are not playing well on the offensive side at all.  Something is going on.  I heard that it could be every one knows what play they are going to use, and the Packers can't simply execute in spite of it.  Or Aaron Rogers is hiding an injury.

Panthers are only as good as their quarterback, and if he's being mopey they're going nowhere.

Dak Prescott is the real deal.  I'll readily admit I was a doubter, and he's grown far beyond his college roots.  He's another Russell Wilson, and I thought we'd never see another one like him.