LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

Mind you, back in the 70s, reasonably-priced hi-fi wasn't nearly as good as it is now - I don't think you'd have heard the difference anyway.

For what it's worth (I'm not sure how good value they are for worldwide orders) there's a really good sale on a Transmission Records that started last night. I grabbed Bark Psychosis' Hex, the new Dave Clarke and the Dunkirk soundtrack all for under £50 including shipping. 

Not that I've had a proper chance to sit down for a good listen to the Pets' Yes, or Bowie's Ziggy Stardust soundtrack and Station To Station that I grabbed for a total of £31 in last week's Amazon sale, either.

BARGAINS EVERYWHERE

A friend of mine had to return his noisy Uncharted LPs.  Fortunately, the replacements sounded much better.  After hearing this and Romier’s issue with Last Guardian, I’ve been hesitant to place an order with iam8bit but they do have soundtracks I want.  Especially, now, with SotC available for preorder.

I replaced mine and the replacement was indeed improved. I own several iam8bit releases and while their prices can be shit, I’ve never had complaints about their quality until TLG.

Went on another Discogs bender.

Item Price
The Who - Face Dances (LP, Album) (Warner Bros. Records - HS 3516) 
Item ID: 423119216 
Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-) 
Sleeve Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+) 
Comments: cover has punch hole in upper left. Includes poster
$12.88
The Specials - More Specials (LP, Album) (Chrysalis - CHR-501303) 
Item ID: 553937376 
$12.88
Various - Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack The Last American Virgin (LP, Comp) (Columbia - JS 38279) 
Item ID: 573307325 
Sleeve Condition: Very Good (VG) 
Comments: ring nd edge wear oln cover. vinyl very nice
$13.88
The Who - Who's Next (LP, Album, RE) (MCA Records - MCA-5220) 
Item ID: 579395848 
Sleeve Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-) 
Comments: no silver sticker on front.
$9.00
Squeeze (2) - Singles - 45's And Under (LP, Comp, Mon) (A&M Records - SP-4922) 
Item ID: 605206330 
Sleeve Condition: Very Good (VG) 
Comments: cover has ring wear and general shelf wear. vinyl is very nice.
$12.88
Ella Fitzgerald - The Best Of Ella Fitzgerald (2xLP, Comp, RE) (MCA Records - MCA2-4047) 
Item ID: 605748076 
  • Like 1

Good stuff. My Singles 45s And Under is pretty damn crackly. Great comp though.

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Hope they’re skipping picture disc and going straight to black/coloured this time.

I have the hologram release

I’ve got the pic discs because they weren’t expensive and they were the first out. But I can’t say they’re the best sounding records I own. 

I missed the news somehow but I am thrilled that the soundtrack to Call Me By Your Name finally receives a vinyl release this month (I seem to have missed a 1000 copy blue run in January).

Invada have a sale on so I have these on the way...

LP_1_1024x1024.JPG?v=1488373173

Moonlight_Blob_1500pxlsquare_1024x1024.j

:banderas:

Financially I must admit I am grateful Clint Mansell's Black Mirror scores were not in the sale (San Juniperio is still £20. I must pick it up soon though).

• Like 1

I noticed Vangelis’ Blade Runner score has been repressed via Rhino (black 180g). Good news. I’ll pick that up in the coming months as I missed the red vinyl a couple of years back and didn’t want last year’s picture disc release.

Yeah I saw that over the weekend when I bought Stranger Things 2. Also got the Justice League soundtrack. 

Tempted by both of Daniel's purchases, but also The Handmaid's Tale, Free Fire and Bone Tomahawk.

Still, I'm supposed to be holding off when there's three Bowies and a Chvrches coming, plus I really, really want the triple-disc Passion.

Yours truly, whenever he pokes his head in this thread.

Carry on.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Invada have a sale on so I have these on the way...

LP_1_1024x1024.JPG?v=1488373173

I'm genuinely curious how a score that delicate and quiet comes through from a rock being dragged along a groove. Yes, I'm being silly in my description, but behind that is a genuine curiosity. I'm sure, as always, it depends on the pressing and the weight of the vinyl, but I love that score so much, I'd be kinda mad if the medium got in the way at all.

Given I love the sound on my From Sleep by Max Richter, I've given up fearing that. I'm sure some cheap Crossley isn't up to the task, of course.

I'm looking forward to it. It should be a good pressing from Invada, so I have high hopes for the quality. 

:wub:

God. Where the hell is a Blu-ray of Sodebergh's Solaris? I think Germany got one, but poorly compressed. Deserves a decent Blu, especially to keep that James Cameron/Sodebergh commentary in circulation.