LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

How funny, I was literally lamenting the lack of 3 cube width variants over the weekend (though after doing what I guessed would be the measurements for a hypothetical 3x2 that I'd have been interested in, I still could not have fit one in). There's nothing on the UK website yet. 

Thinkgeek.com currently has a 60% off deal on certain vinyl.  Shipping is high at $9 but couldn’t resist Uncharted 4 for $15.  Almost picked it up at iam8bit for $40 awhile back.  The Dark Souls soundtracks are only $20.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, JoeyN said:

I will take some tomorrow after I straighten up :)

Saw the pics on Facebook. Are you kidding me? That's amazing!

6 minutes ago, Rainmaykr said:

Saw the pics on Facebook. Are you kidding me? That's amazing!

:) Thanks. I was going to post  it on here later on. That does not include the smaller games on the in wall shelves on the opposite side.

Some cool Mondo news. First and foremost, the GOAT of Castlevania soundtracks is finally coming. They released limited copies at SDCC but will have an online release in the near future of Castlevania Dracula X Rondo of Blood very soon (once it and Symphony of the Night hit, I will be a happy camper!):

DibzaE3VMAAOAYB.jpg

Also, Mondo announced that for the 40th anniversary of Halloween they would be doing reissues of the scores for the first 5 movies! Halloween 4 and 5 are up first and will be available on Wednesday. If you buy both you can get a nice slip cover for all five releases. $60 for that package which is pretty fair. Halloween II and III will also get new artwork. The original score for the 1978 film will hit in October. 

DiziF4vWkAAcBxG.jpg 

DiziGKRX0AEqm2x.jpg 

DiziGkEWkAESVMp.jpg

Waiting to see what the cost is once they come to the UK. Having bought Halloween III back when Death Waltz released it for about £16 I'm probably going to not bother when I see what these are though...

On 7/8/2018 at 6:56 PM, JoeyN said:

Just saw that ikea now has 3x3 Kallax.

Ooh. That's a nice size. I'm overflowing the 2x2 and 4x2 that I'm currently using for vinyl so a pair of these might be a nice upgrade. No casters on that size though according to the build instructions. Might be good bases for a sit stand workstation as well. Hmmm.

Filled in some gaps in my Lush and Cocteau Twins collection over the past couple of weeks.

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on the Rick and Morty deluxe soundtrack. The fact that it has an etched LED lit acrylic cover does make it kinda appealing.

• Like 1

I want it but man that price. I want the Big Trouble in Little China release tomorrow and already spent a pretty penny on games. If it’s still available this weekend I may grab it.

4 hours ago, Romier S said:

Mondo has the score for the original Mission Impossible up for Order!

https://mondotees.com/products/mission-impossible-music-from-the-original-motion-picture-score-2xlp

In case Fallout had made anyone forget what a good M:I score sounds like. 

Love the cover. Will definitely import as it’s an all time favourite.

Annihilation in purple plus a side order of Ex Machina in silver ordered. I’d love the Mission release, but Mondo are just so expensive in the U.K.  

• Like 1

I did stop importing Mondo due to the obscene costs, but I will make the exception for that. Are they still following up Batman Returns with Batman? Haven't heard anything in a while.

They are supposed to. They have not really had much advance  notice on their releases this year. They have been announcing stuff the day or the day before they go on sale.

The Return of the King vinyl is up for preorder on Amazon. It releases September 21st.

https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Complete-Recordings-Limited/dp/B07FW4H6F9/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1534794194&sr=8-1

915Wt3banFL._SL1500_.jpg 

My copy is ordered. That will complete the set for me. I have very little to no interest in the Hobbit expanded scores on vinyl. May pick up the first Hobbit movie but otherwise, I'm happy to finally have these.:)

I kind of just want the LOTR releases for the liner notes as they're just so perfectly suited to 12" size. It's too much music to wade through several LPs listening to when I have had high res DVD-As from the CD box sets for years. 

• Like 1

I have the CD's/DVD-A's as well but I couldn't say to not to the utterly amazing quality of the packaging and I've enjoyed what little I've actually had the chance to listen to (about 2 LP's from Fellowship and 1 from Two Towers). The quality of the audio itself on the LP's is fantastic without any level of static or pop, etc.

Aside from the packaging and wanting that vinyl audio quality - there's a collectors aspect to the release that appeals to me in the sense that if I ever do decide that I'm perfectly happy with just the CD/DVD-A releases, I have a good feeling that these will appreciate in value nicely over the years and the ROI will end up being substantial so no harm/foul in spending the money on them. 

• Like 1

Mmm. I'm not really into collectible value on these kinds of things as I'd have no intention of selling them. I'm occasionally veering away from the goal I set myself to really only buy vinyl of albums with sentimental value for me, some classics and stuff well suited to the format, so I need to course correct a little bit or else I will run out of space and money. The rest I can just leave to high res music downloads as that market is ever expanding. 

Mondo will have Halloween III up this Wednesday. The packaging is beautiful.

1--Halloween3_orangelayout_cropped_9323a

• Like 1