LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

YES! I got my wish. The Westworld score (TV series) is coming to vinyl in April, albeit as a Barnes and Noble exclusive in the US. No word on who, if anyone, will carry it on this side of the Atlantic though:

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/westworld-soundtrack-vinyl/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5IHNWMoe0

It's going to be a 3xLP set.

The B&N Westworld exclusive looks to be a 3 vinyl set, as Amazon has a release the same time as well which may be 1 or 2.

Also if anyone wanted the Fountain it's available on Amazon.

I received the Creed set from Mondo today. They are advertising Edge of Tomorrow for sometime this year.

"Hope everyone got their order in for "The Thing" from Waxwork Records. Its sold out now completely. "

They just said on twitter a new pressing will happen later this year.

Hope everyone got their order in for "The Thing" from Waxwork Records. Its sold out now completely. 

http://waxworkrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/the-thing

I managed to get my order in this morning for the regular edition for $32.

I missed it but will try for the repressing.

My Creed set also arrived. Will pick it up from work tomorrow.

I didn't get The Thing as the UK prices are too silly for a single LP release.

I've had a retail therapy binge boosting my collection over the past couple of weeks though and picked up Mondo releases of The Fountain, The Back to the Future trilogy and Jurassic Park. I also bought Rudy and Robocop. I deliberately went for the original artwork release of Robocop rather than the silver gatefold 1) because the original LP was one of the first vinyl albums I ever owned back in the day, and 2) I didn't want a cover with Winding Refn's fucking initials on it. I was surprised to get Rudy as I happened upon it on Amazon UK by chance, not thinking any of Varese's vinyl issues had made it to the UK. It's one of my favourite scores, and probably my favourite Jerry Goldsmith score.

I was admiring Fire Walk with Me in a store yesterday and I noticed the on the cardboard spine attachment Mondo/Death Waltz are advertising Alien as a forthcoming 2017 title which is exciting news. Couldn't afford Fire Walk with Me itself as it was £40 but hopefully it sticks around so I can grab it at a later date. 

Also this raised a huge smile...

The deluxe box set version is really expensive though.

Picked up a quartet of EPs in the Houndstooth sale at the weekend. Physical versions not here yet, but the downloadable WAVs have been collected. Snow Ghosts' 'Husk' is particularly great.

And my God, the Prurient remix of that is HUGE.

"Alien as a forthcoming 2017 title which is exciting news"

Sweet. When I get a new Mondo release I always look to see what is advertised for coming soon. So far I have seen or heard.

Aliens

Edge of Tomorrow

More Contra soundtracks

Rather interested to see Mondo distributing Shore's The Fly score - when time and budget allows I need to pick a bunch of the recently re-released Shore/Cronenberg stuff up.

Hah. It's a shame it's not a long enough album to be double and they could have made side a/b one colour, and c/d the other.  :D   It's a great score. I THINK I like the top one most but gah, don't know. Both will be hypnotic in motion. 

Of course, I kid. Even though the middle one has a nice pattern, my Inception vinyl is clear so, personally, I'd go with the top one.

I like the first one :). I could make a wall collage with all the different colored vinyl I have.

Took delivery of a nice German import of the score to Last of the Mohicans this afternoon. Gatefold double LP. It's a 45rpm release too interestingly enough. 

I have this on the way:

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collections/hotline-miami/products/hotline-miami-collectors-edition-vinyl

I missed the original Laced Records run but a poster on GAF put up a link that it was still available via the Devolver Digital merchandise store and lo and behold it was. My order shipped yesterday so I should hopefully have it spun up next week! :)