LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

A vinyl thread (for us old fogies who laugh in the face of common sense).

Coloured vinyl didn't used to be as good as plain black, but is now easily up there, and indeed some labels claim that the pure clear plastic before it's had colour of any kind added is best of all.

But for the picture discs I've had recently, embedding an actual image in your layers is still a recipe for a 2nd rate result. Much better than it used to be, but audibly inferior to the other options.

Data Discs has some really nice stuff, too. Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2 but with shipping it ends up being nearly $40 bucks per.:/

Romier, I just went on the site to see how much shipping would be.  Maybe we could combine an order and split the shipping cost.  But there seems to be a weight limit sooooooo 4 LPs in one order isn't possible?!?

Hmmm.

Total revenue from vinyl sales outdid digital downloads in the UK last week.

Sharing the data with The Vinyl Factory, ERA confirmed that £2.4m was spent on vinyl albums in week 48 of 2016, while only £2.1m was spent on digital downloads. It marks a huge swing from the same week in 2015, when the £1.2m spent on vinyl albums was eclipsed by £4.4m of digital downloads.

http://thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/vinyl-sales-exceed-digital-downloads-uk/

Most interesting is actually that digital download sales were half of what they were the same week in 2015. Streaming really is shaking things up. 

Ocarina of Time LP from .....iam8bit. :(

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/hero-of-time-2xlp-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

Why do they get cool shit? Ugh. I can't stand their delays and bullshit but I want it.

01_Hero_Of_Time_Front_1024x1024.png?v=14

Freshly - and exclusively - recorded by the 64-player Slovak National Symphony Orchestra for this very albumHero of Time breaths new life into classic Ocarina of Timescore, previously only available from its Nintendo 64 sound chip origins.

Bought my first vinyl today. Have no record player and probably months away from one.

But NIN just put out The Fragile: Deviations 1 (single pressing) on the website, and since The Fragile is one of my most favorite albums, I figured I'd pick it up in the event I get a record player at some point. Guess I'll troll eBay for that Fountain record as well.

I really want that. Really. But $80 + shipping plus duty is going to be the larger part of £100 by the time it reaches me.

Since I last posted I got

Mondos 10 Cloverfield Lane

Pacific Rim

Kill Bill V1 and 2

Chipmunks Christmas :)

Ocarina of Time LP from .....iam8bit. :(

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/vinyl/products/hero-of-time-2xlp-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

Why do they get cool shit? Ugh. I can't stand their delays and bullshit but I want it.

01_Hero_Of_Time_Front_1024x1024.png?v=14

I knew I should not have opened this thread. I have forced myself to stay out of it. This just got me back in. Fucking preordered.

-Dean-

Fire Walk With Me is getting a new vinyl from Mondo!

http://pitchfork.com/news/70623-twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-returning-to-theaters-soundtrack-getting-reissue/?mbid=social_twitter

FireWalkWithMe_Front%20%28art%20by%20Sam

FireWalkWithMe_Gatefold-Discs%20%28art%2

01 Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me
02 The Pine Float
03 Sycamore Trees
04 Don’t Do Anything (I Wouldn’t Do)
05 A Real Indication
06 Questions in a World of Blue
07 The Pink Room
08 The Black Dog Runs at Night
09 Best Friends
10 Moving Through Time
11 Montage From Twin Peaks - Girl Talk / Birds In Hell / Laura Palmer’s Theme / Falling
12 The Voice of Love

Castlevania II Simon's Quest goes on sale Wednesday from Mondo. 

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new-music-release-castlevania-ii-simons-quest

This album features both versions of the soundtrack, the NES version on Side A, and the FAMICOM version of the soundtrack on Side B.

Castevania_2_FC_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1483978  

CastlevaniaII2_BC_1024x1024.jpg?v=148397

Why yes, I'll have that.