LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

Star Wars Battlefront 2

TV spot leaked early, looks like the game will cover Prequel, Original, and Sequel Trilogy content, with a possible story arc focusing on the Empire after RotJ. There will apparently be more footage to come during the Battlefront panel at SWCO.

Update: Video has been pulled, will update once it's published.

Story will be canon. Luke and Kylo will be playable.

Classes, abilities that can be earned, and sounds like power ups may be gone.

I assume there will be DLC even without the season pass, I don't see them giving that up, maybe it will be more like and expansion pack instead of map packs.

Here's the full match from the EA presentation. It looks great and they seemed to listen to a lot of the criticism the first game received.

My main concern is with the heroes/villains, the original battlefront at least limited them to maps where they made sense, now we have Rey, Han, Boba Fett fighting in Theed with Battle Droids and Clone Troopers. Maybe they will add Naboo Security, Gungans, Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, Jango Fett in Battlefront 3.

Well, I think it's clear they have abandoned the timeline consistency of the first game in favour of a toybox flavour in multiplayer here, so it's one big free for all when it comes to characters and maps. I've conflicting feelings about that I must admit. I am more interested in the campaign for this one to be honest. 

Lack of timeline consistency in multi is a total non-issue to me. More flavor, variety and enjoyability in a mode that isn't attempting to tell a story is just fine by me. Why limit themselves? Throw the kitchen sink at it and just make it fun as hell.

Hopefully they add the entire roster of Heroes/Villains to each map, maybe it's the pre-release version of the game, but why limit the heroes/villains you can play as if they're ignoring timelines.

Update: Per dev chats It doesn't appear they will ignore Heroes/Villains in timelines, The characters available at E3 are just for the Alpha and will probably change in the final version.

Free DLC, but there will be micro transactions for those who want access to customization's without putting in time.

We're going to be hosting in-game events, quests, and challenges to keep things fresh. There are also going to be Seasons, the first of which releases in December inspired by Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ . And, strap yourselves in: this content will be free* for everyone who plays Star Wars Battlefront II.

Every player who owns Star Wars Battlefront II will have access to the same iconic characters, planetary conflicts, sleek starfighters, and epic space battles throughout the entirety of the post-release support period. This starts with the Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Season coming this December, where all Star Wars Battlefront II players will get access to Finn, Captain Phasma, the new planet Crait, and more.

These new heroes will come with new Star Cards as well. Star Wars Battlefront II players will also be able to customize their favorite heroes and classes using Star Cards, which come in four rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic – all of which can be earned through play. Completing the in-game quests and challenges, taking part in events, and opening Crates can all grant Star Cards, which allow you to further customize your trooper, hero, and starfighter abilities.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2017-post-launch?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_blog_swbfii-blog-req0608-live0610-cooper-1&utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&cid=32333&ts=1497183441192

Bit embarrasing hyping use of John Williams score only to up the volume on the game clip to reveal music that isn't Williams. :) Looking shiny though. Not sure I will get this at launch given how quickly the price dropped on the first game. Depends how hyped for all things Star Wars I feel in the run up to Last Jedi I suppose. The campaign is definitely a draw. 

Been playing the first game a ton lately, so this might get me more interested in the second.  Or not.  

Arcade Mode announced

Arcade is a new mode allowing you to take on AI enemies and hone your skills across a variety of scenarios. In the Beta, you’ll have two options: a 10-on-10 team battle with AI allies and enemies, and a Hero vs. many scenario where you’ll take control of Darth Maul and fight against legions of foes on Naboo.

The Beta will provide a small taste of Arcade on the Theed map, but the full version will have you test your wits and reflexes in all three eras of Star Wars. Teamed up with AI-controlled allies, you’ll arm yourself with your favorite assortment of weapons and abilities, carefully tailoring your loadout for the battle ahead. In the full release, you’ll be able to bring the Star Cards, weapons, and unlocked abilities from multiplayer with you into Arcade. Apply your favorite fine-tuned hero and class builds against AI opponents and test out new strategies before trying them online. On consoles, you’ll also be able to team up with a friend or battle against one another in split screen versus.

When the game launches you’ll reap valuable rewards for your progress in Arcade. Success will earn in-game credits you can use to unlock Crates and, in turn, gain new Star Cards to further customize your heroes, vehicles, and troopers for both Arcade mode and online multiplayer. And thanks to a series of Challenges, you’ll always have a new goal to strive for and new bonuses to earn.

Arcade battles can be set up and tweaked in a variety of custom configurations so you can change the difficulty, trooper classes used by AI, and more. You’ll also have the opportunity to play a number of Battle Scenarios – specially orchestrated Arcade matches that you’ll be able to face either alone or, in the console version of the game, with a friend.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/26/introducing-arcade-mode-in-the-star-wars-battlefront-ii-beta/

I know the Boy & I will be checking it out. Utterly not hardcore at it, but we enjoyed the first game. 

I might break out the original Battlefront 2 just to remind him how far we've came. It came out before he was born.

I played it for two days and cancelled my pre-order, it plays like the first with more customization and classes, I don't think multiplayer FPS is in my skill set anymore, i'll pick it up for single player once its below 30.

10 hours ago, NickC said:

I played it for two days and cancelled my pre-order, it plays like the first with more customization and classes, I don't think multiplayer FPS is in my skill set anymore, i'll pick it up for single player once its below 30.

I'd made the decision not to get it some time ago, but it's interesting reading your opinion as it echoes Eurogamer's cautionary view of it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-06-star-wars-battlefront-2-looks-like-a-case-of-being-careful-what-you-wish-for