LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Xbox One X - Available November 7th 2017 - $499.99

It looks like my first TiVo, which is fine with me, I'm not carrying the thing around. Forza 5 and COD Ghost at launch and ill be getting it. Followed later by a Ps4. :)

It looks like my first TiVo, which is fine with me, I'm not carrying the thing around. Forza 5 and COD Ghost at launch and ill be getting it. Followed later by a Ps4. :)

ilovems.png

:babyruth I keed, bro. I keed!

Add me in as someone who likes the look of the machine, for how much it matters.

Looking at what we know about both this and the PS4 is that they will be relatively equivalent machines. It's all going to come down to game availability/exclusives. E3 might actually be interesting this year.

Well, I slammed Sony's POS announcement, I guess MS deserves some love.

Xbox One?  I guess MS isn't very involved with reading online forums or having any sort of connection to their fans online, cuz we've already got one.  An Xbox 1 that is, and it's geriatric.

Might want to change the thread title to it's real name: The Xbox Last.  

Looking at the list of "features", I don't think ever be buying one.  Kinnect is fine, but I don't care for it and don't have space for it (now it's required to turn on?)  They won't do all digital downloads, but you can only use a disc once?  Might as well call them climate change coasters; this is the most wasteful scheme in the history of consoledom.  Fuckin' A boys, your other products (Office, OS, etc) all just come with a serial number you type in and away you go.  What's wrong with giving that a shot?  Also, I guess Red Box, Gamefly, and Game Stop can all go pound sand in their cracks as far as MS is concerned.    I would be OK with the whole "no reuse" thing if it was digital downloadable and they cut the prices $15-20.  I don't think I'll hold my breath on that one.

Sony didn't blow me away, but for my eventual next gen needs they have a head start on MS by a country mile.  I have no idea what the WiiU is even about, so I guess at least the Xbox isn't quite that awful.  But it still blows donkeys (and likes it?)

ilovems.png

:babyruth I keed, bro. I keed!

Lol, yeah the person who bought a. Ps3 before everyone else on here :)

Lol, yeah the person who bought a. Ps3 before everyone else on here :)

Meaningless you Microsoft whore and you know it. ;)

I'm sure I'm in the minority in saying I like the design. Yeah, it's bulky but it's simple and I'm good with that. The controller looks nice as well. I really hope Microsoft knocks it out of the park at the E3. In the end, I'll likely own all of these consoles but which I buy first this holiday season will depend on greatly on the games that excite me at launch and right now Sony has done a better job enticing me.

I like the design of it also, Sleek and simple.  If there is no power brick and is a quiet as they are saying, it's great.

I have to scold my youngest child if he closes the entertainment center when the 360 is on.   It goes from sounding like a jet engine, to sounding like its going to explode.

Meaningless you Microsoft whore and you know it. ;)

LOL. You wanted to use windows 8 the other day, not me.

LOL. You wanted to use windows 8 the other day, not me.

No, I asked for opinions on it. Nothing more. Don't project your love of Xbox on me. Just cause you sleep with your 360 power brick doesn't mean we all have to!

In all seriousnes, what are you even doing buying a gaming console, bro? The last game you played was Brute Force or something...

What's funny to me is that without backward compatibility on either new console, it basically throws out any 'loyalty' I might have because my previous investments are moot.  I'm more surprised by MS getting rid of it, as they have a broader Windows 'ecosystem' to try to get folks to buy into.

What's funny to me is that without backward compatibility on either new console, it basically throws out any 'loyalty' I might have because my previous investments are moot. I'm more surprised by MS getting rid of it, as they have a broader Windows 'ecosystem' to try to get folks to buy into.

Hey your achievements carry over!!

In all seriousnes, what are you even doing buying a gaming console, bro? The last game you played was Brute Force or something...

Ha, Halo 4. I have a stack of stuff to play, and I plan on getting to them this summer. long story for another day.

I will buck the trend in this thread and say I rather like the TV features.  

I don't watch a ton of TV but if Xbox One can swap between activities that quickly (and if the Kinect really works) I'm in.  Researching IMDB while watching a movie is something I do all the time by phone or tablet.  Doing it without having to look away from the screen is a nice benefit.  It will be nice to be able to multi-task on the TV while my daughter or wife are watching a show I'm not interested.  Looking up a sushi restaurant while my daughter watches Curious George keeps more people happy.

I'm assuming all this works via HDMI pass through.  I'm sure there will be limitations but Microsoft will no doubt support the major cable providers.  I have used DirecTV and Uverse and hated both of their interfaces.  If Microsoft can improve on that and give me various overlay options that interest me then that's a plus.

Beyond that I will keep an open mind until the real reveal occurs at E3.  No sense getting all worked up over the games at an event that wasn't designed to be about games in the first place.

Just read that servers are being increased 20-fold to 300,000. All multiplayer games will have dedicated servers, up to 128 players.

5GB for Games, 3GB reserved for the OS, official.

Wow, that's interesting.

I think Forbes had a good take on it. Mirrors my opinion, really. Thought there could have been a better balance and flow overall as mentioned previously.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/05/21/microsoft-stumbles-through-xbox-one-announcement-shows-little-answers-less/

I am very impressed with the name, the design and the cable box-like abilities the Xbox One has. I am not impressed with how this reveal was conceived and organized, and think it was a mistake. Even if they’re dominating the news cycle right now, I have a hunch most of the coverage from press and fans won’t be terribly glowing.

If you’re only going to take an hour to announce a product this big, you can’t jump from item to item with nothing connecting them together. You can’t announce a video game console showing barely five minutes of in-game footage across three titles.

Hopefully Microsoft learns some lessons here in time for their E3 presentation. We’re living in an age of teaser trailers for actual trailers, and that’s what this press conference felt like the vast majority of the time.

I just watched the EA Sports trailer. That was awful. There is some debate as to whether it was real or cg but who cares. It looked bad. The animation was terrible. I really would have expected a lot more than the same stilted motions we have always had. And if that is the best they could come up with Live after 3 years, NBA 2K has nothing to worry about.

And I know it is only a trailer but there should have been something to blow us away even if it was cg like the 2006 reveal.

Xbox Support:

K2fZwmJ.png

You won't have to pay a fee, but your friend will. i.e. no game borrowing, folks.