LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Metro Exodus (PS4, XB1, PC)

Love the previous two games. This one looks great.

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

This very well may be THE game that gets me to preorder an X. Loved the first 2. Played them on pc but, my gaming pc is getting pretty long in the tooth. Not going to spend major $$$ to buy a new pc at this time to play this. 

Me me thinks I'm going to get an X. 

No hype for this at all? For shame. It releases this Friday and looks utterly superb. 

I already have this one on order.

Nor I, but they are on my Gamepass list. I see the fudgery with the Steam release of this one is causing some upset as it’s shifted to an Epic Games Store one year exclusive or something? (where it is more expensive for international customers). 

Both the original games are available on the PS4 in full 1080p/60 as well. It's $30 but goes on sale regularly. I've seen it as low as $11. Considering how often the flash sales come up....

The Xbox versions run at 912p so not a huge difference and both are 60fps. It's well worth playing the series. The original has some seriously clunky stealth gameplay at this point but the sequel makes a ton of improvements.

I was looking forward to this one but, the Steam/Epic store shenanigans and Anthem... and now Apex Legends have dulled my interest in it. Will watch for it in a sale maybe closer to summer, unless you guys rave about it then I’ll break :)

Loved the first 2. I’ve had this preordered for a while for Xbox One X. Can’t wait!!

Romier, do you know if 2033/Last Light run on the One X at 60fps? I did them on the pc back then. Still the same pc, ie it sucks now. Lol Would repurchase them on Xbox if they run at 60 like the ps4. 

4 minutes ago, Derrik Draven said:

Loved the first 2. I’ve had this preordered for a while for Xbox One X. Can’t wait!!

Romier, do you know if 2033/Last Light run on the One X at 60fps? I did them on the pc back then. Still the same pc, ie it sucks now. Lol Would repurchase them on Xbox if they run at 60 like the ps4. 

They run at 60fps on both the PS4 and Xbox but there is no X enhancement. The Xbox runs at 912p and the PS4 at 1080p.

• Like 1

I played for about two hours last night. It's a stunning game visually. I mean the wow factor is off the charts. The X version supports native 4K resolution and a stunning use of HDR from what I can see. 

It's very much a Metro game including some of the stealth jank and weird AI but fundamentally its a great deal of fun. The game opens in a very traditional Metro way as in Artyom is wandering top side and then makes his way back to the Metro itself until he is finally pushed into the realization that there are other survivors and the game really opens up into a large hub area with quests and exploration taking front and center. It's really well executed. The game runs a solid 30fps with no major discernible dips, the gun play feels great and the challenge level is there if you start the game on Ranger mode.

I'm eager to play more but I may start over as I missed a few files and wasn't really paying much attention to the story beats as I was just trying to take in the level design, visuals and form some impressions.

Good stuff so far!