LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Starhawk

SNES Classic with 21 games including Star Fox 2 releasing 9/29

Strolled into a Best Buy on Friday and saw the box on a display. Asked if they had stock and, sure enough, they had a whole bunch. Picked one up. 

I finally found one!  Last night at Best Buy there was 3 of them locked away behind the checkout counters, only way I found them was by asking for a copy of Horizon Complete which they couldn't find.

• Like 3

Jeremy Parish’s “review” of the Super NT. Looks like it turned out great. His only real complaint is the lack of analog output for his video capture purposes and for playing on a CRT. 

There have also been some complaints about how the clear design turned out. But that’s what you get for ordering that. 

Added several games to my SNES to finally test out Hackchi2. I ran the latest CE version which is brilliant. Frees up more space than the earlier builds, backs up the original kernel to the system itself and has built in support for .sfrom tools which I highly recommend installing.

This reset era link is a terrific source for hacking the Classic systems:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/snes-mini-classic-hacking-more-games-more-borders-more-gooder.625/

That thread was also started by the creator of the sfrom tool and it adds patches for a lot of games, fixing audio bugs and doing things like PAL > NTSC conversion upon importing so I have Sensible Soccer playing perfectly! :) Games that did not run last year, like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and others run ok now. 

It's worth hacking these things just for the controller system reset hack alone to be honest.

Useful video guide here:

• Epic Post 1

7 hours ago, Romier S said:

Get Retroarch installed ASAP.

I'm of two minds about it. I kind of want to be traditional and keep things strictly SNES, in which case Hackchi2 and the .sfrom patches appear to handle 95% of what I want to put on there natively under the Classic's Canoe emulator. I may do it though, just to have the option to run things under zsnes if anything gave me any problems (I noticed the audio is a little wonky in Bomberman 3 for example, and it doesn't appear to have a patch yet).

On 6/30/2018 at 10:55 AM, Romier S said:

8bitdo controllers are quality product. 

Works perfectly!

Classic 2 Magic cart accessory coming for the SNES and NES Mini. The attachment allows you to plug in original SNES carts and add your games to the unit. You can also dump ROMS via USB stick. It also enables other emulators and what not. Its releasing at a $60 price point. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/use_original_cartridges_on_your_snes_mini_with_this_classic_2_magic_attachment

The Classic 2 Magic is a simple SNES Classic Mini attachment that enables users to play and add more games to Nintendo's small-sized hardware. Due out this September for $59.95, the device will allow you to dig out your old SNES cartridges, install and then play them directly on your SNES Mini. There’s no region lock, either. 

There’s also the ability to play backup ROMs and copy ROMs thanks to the inclusion of a USB Drive. The accessory allows various other video game emulators to be played on the SNES Mini and is even compatible with the NES Classic Mini as well. Overlooking the current piracy debate, these functions are somewhat similar to the Retrode 2.

Here's a video: