LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Jordan_E

My Malcolm Brass Universe

Jordan_E    62

Some of you know that I have been working on what I now call the Malcolm Brass Universe.  First, there was the book, MALCOLM BRASS, and then I started working on short stories that expanded that particular world.  I am up to four short stories so far, in two separate groups:  The HellMission Chronicles and The Group.  After finishing the short stories, I will start work on a book based on The Group side stories.  The Malcolm Brass book will be up for sale within weeks.  I posted the first short story on my blog today at:  My Blog After that, I will probably start work on a third collection of side stories.  Will keep y'all updated as I get closer to releasing the massive tome known as MALCOLM BRASS.  

• Like 4

Jordan_E    62

Thanks!  The book is essentially ready to go, but everyone else who needs to add to it are on vacation!  LOL.  Me, I'm home alone until next Saturday, taking care of the dogs.  At least it gives me a ton of free time to write.

• Like 1

Jordan_E    62

Finished the new book, NextDoor, and after a 2nd pass on the material, will put it up for sale alongside Malcolm Brass.  NextDoor is an entirely different animal from Malcolm Brass. much more of a sci-fi/fantasy tale, while Malcolm Brass is horror/adventure.  NextDoor was written right after I finished Malcolm, long ago, for the same producer in Japan... and it ended up with the same fate as Malcolm Brass.  At least now I can bring this story to people, if in this format.  I tied it in with Malcolm Brass with a few choice sentences.  Easy peasy.  Will let you know when it goes up on iTunes/Amazon/Nook.

• Like 1

JoeyN    156

Yesss bring it, sci-if/fantasy is my favorite stuff to read . Been working my way through Brass again.

• Like 1

Jordan_E    62

Good deal!  The short stories I wrote in between MB and ND pretty much bridge the two books.  Still deciding whether to add more shorts and make it into a book itself or just put them up to read.  Decisions...

Jordan_E    62

Finished latest novella in the MBU.  Time to get these things "out there" now, I guess.  Will be selling Malcolm Brass for 4.99, NextDoor for 3.99, and novella for 1.99.  Still haven't decided what to do with the bridging short stories yet.

• Like 1

Jordan_E    62

Just finished the final edit of Malcolm Brass.  Next, the NextDoor edit.  And then The Spear edit.  *sigh*  

Josh    108

Congrats!

I'm about 200 pages into a novel. Heading to Japan in a couple months to finish it.

Can't wait to write those final words.

Looking forward to reading yours!

Jordan_E    62

Thanks.  Best of luck with your novel.  Malcolm came in at a surprising 781 pages with this last edit.  Kind of defeats the purpose of "editing," adding pages.  :Rock:

Jordan_E    62

No editors, and... certain beta readers, if you can call them that.  Malcolm Brass had been out on the market before, did okay, and this new edition nearly doubles the content; NextDoor and The Spear are offshoots of Malcolm Brass.

Jordan_E    62

Been tempted to have a one-off edition actually printed and bound for my own personal gratification.  Looking at various sites.  Not cheap, but not out of my budget either.  Decisions...

Jordan_E    62

Those Formatting Blues.  This was exactly why I kept putting off going forward with the Malcolm Brass Complete Saga, etc.  There is ALWAYS something that fucks up the entire book!  :ArnoldWut:

Jordan_E    62

4 hours later, and still working on it.  But have to go take daughter somewhere, so it's a good time to stop for the day.  

Jordan_E    62

Definitely getting burned out on this today.  I THINK I'm done editing.  Have the Kindle edition ready to go.  Then onto the NOOK version.  

Jordan_E    62

Just submitted the book to iTunes/iBooks.  Cross fingers that it passes and goes up for sale soon.  NOOK.  Argh.  Giving me problems, and I couldn't add the artwork, so it will just be the story alone.  So, artwork on Kindle, non-artwork version on NOOK, for same price.  Oh well.

That's it!  Forget NOOK.  Their site doesn't even tell me what's wrong with my info!  Rubbish site.  

Jordan_E    62

Okay, updated the Kindle version this AM, as I did NOT like how it first turned out, but this version looks much better, and I was able to add the artwork.  Hopefully, it will be available later today for purchase.  The iBooks version is still in limbo, which is a surprise, considering how fast the Kindle version was up.  Stay tuned.  Next, to work on getting NextDoor ready.

Jordan_E    62

MB is available on Kindle.

MALCOLM BRASS

Thanks for letting me post all the craziness here.  Now, onto NextDoor.  (after taking a couple hours off, been up since 3:30 AM today)

Jordan_E    62

My paperback version of Malcolm Brass is coming tomorrow.  Excited.  Actually holding one of my stories, in book-form, is going to be neat.

Carlucci    162

Just bought the Kindle version.  Congratulations!   Wishing you every success.

Carlos.

• Like 2

Jordan_E    62
2 hours ago, Carlucci said:

Just bought the Kindle version.  Congratulations!   Wishing you every success.

Carlos.

Thank you!  

(so, you're the one.)  :Cruise:

Dimness    78

Congrats.  Enjoy new book smell that you gave birth to.  I'm still trying to finish my bargain bin horror short story collection.  Been too busy studying for CPA exam and audit work.