LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Jordan_E

My Malcolm Brass Universe

Thanks.  I little positive resentment is worth it's weight in gold!  :biden    The most "bang for your buck" would be Malcolm Brass, IMO.  700+ pages for $2.99.    

The slow down I wrote about is coming in the form of a new story I'm working on right now.  It's called The Tropes.  And that's all I can say about it right now.    

Something interesting may be brewing...  but I've been burned in the past.  I don't even have the cart out yet, let alone hitching it to anything.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

No update on the potential interesting news, because I haven't heard back from the person yet.  I am not going to contact him.  We've known each other for a LONG time and this simply is his MO.  Still, this is the only person that paid me up front for an option on my material, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.  Just wish me luck.  We came SO close back in the day.  But that's the story of my life... close, but never the cigar!

• Like 2

Finally got some news... that there is no news!  LOL.  Gotta love this guy!  I'm already writing him off and moving on.  I have things to write and stories to sell!  

• Like 2

As predicted, Hurry Up and Wait did not make it to KindleScout publishing.  Oh well.  Uploaded it for Kindle and it should be available later today.  Didn't get around the finishing Haunting Myself yet, as I was working on the polish for Hurry Up for Kindle.  Don't know if I will do back to Haunting Myself any time soon.  Already started a new one called The Method and have another lined up after that, as well as still working on The Tropes and the sequel to Hurry Up.  As for that "news," I haven't bothered to get back to the guy.  Let him surprise me.

Just chatted with my friend concerning that "news."  He said he is waiting on responses from "some people."  Interesting.  BTW, Hurry Up and Wait is now available on Kindle:

Hurry Up and Wait

(paperback edition is also available now, but I put that up usually for my own personal satisfaction.)

Just uploaded my 17th title for Kindle.  Three Falling Stars.  I think of this as the opposite of Hurry Up and Wait.  The dark, psychotic side of Hollywood.

• Like 1

My 20th title is going to be large and a bit in the future yet.  It is titled MARY FOX and is based on copious notes I've discovered that was going to be the basis for an animated series based on NextDoor that we were going to pitch to Sony, before everything imploded and went to hell.  But the notes have descriptions for 52 episodes of the defunct series that will make it even a larger tome that MALCOLM BRASS, if I have done my calculations right.  This one will be like an alternate history than what was presented in NextDoor, but... what the heck.  This one probably won't be ready until summer, earliest.*

*forget that ETA!  This is one looking to clock in at over 1000 pages, 1st draft, so I don't see it being finished until Christmas now. 

Giving away one of my Kindle titles, BUMP IN THE NIGHT, starting tonight at midnight through Monday night.  This one was inspired by a family trip to Forks, WA during the height of the Twilight insanity.  It's a fun little monster story.  And the price is right.  If you want a quick read, go ahead and pick it up.  Bump in the Night Kindle  

• Like 2

Starting to post excerpts from my journal during the "making" of ECHOES the movie on my SDB Books blog.  The good, the bad, and all the UGLY!  Of course, the names have been redacted, especially the Known Names who drifted in and out of the ECHOES universe.

(DM me on Twitter if you want to know the Names.  Yes, you know all of them.  Man, what could have been...)

• Like 1

BAD PLACES and PITY available on Kindle for free through Thursday.  

Bad Places.  3 stories.  THE HAUNTED HOUSE.  THE POSSESSION NEXT DOOR.  HAUNTING MYSELF.  

PITY.  A very personal horror story.  Probably the main reason why I write these kind of stories.  And the reason why I will never go to Eastern Washington state again.  Ever.

Bad Places

PITY

• Like 1

Moved MALCOLM BRASS to Kobo today and shut it down on Amazon.  Got tired of them saying there were format problems every time I updated key words!  And that's using their own Kindle eBook format-maker!  Gah!  Also moved FRIENDS, ENEMIES, AND MONSTERS.  If there is a bump in sales, I may move more titles over, as Amazon is simply too oversaturated at this time.  And Kobo simply gives you more of your money back with each sale compared to Amazon.  Stay tuned.

Been tweeting MALCOLM BRASS on my @EchoestheNovel account on Twitter, one tweet at a time.  If you want to follow, catch up before tomorrow, as I will be deleting past tweets every Monday.  This will probably last a good long time,  tweeting a 700 page book.  I took MALCOM BRASS down off Kobo, due to their sorry format issues.  Do not know what's up with this book lately.  Might put it back up some day, but too busy with MARY FOX to worry about the small stuff.   

Man... my Mac shut down unexpectedly while I was out.  Lost about a dozen or so pages from latest book, MARY FOX, but I am writing this whole thing in a notebook first before typing it in. Whew!  Now, to decipher my own scribbling!  

• Like 1

I am always paranoid when I have to type longer documents. I save to three different places every chance I get.

• Like 1