LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Jurassic World Evolution (developed by Frontier. Jurassic Planet Coaster!) [PC/XB1/PS4]

It had been rumoured for some time that a forthcoming movie licence Frontier had acquired was Jurassic Park/World, and...well...uh... there it is. Some Universal licensed content recently appeared as DLC in Planet Coaster (Back to the Future, Munsters and Knight Rider) which added weight to the JP rumours since its the same studio. It's likely to be more of a traditional sim style building and management game than than an actual Jurassic Planet Coaster, obviously. 

Jurassic World Evolution will let you create and manage your own dinosaur theme park on Isla Nublar and its surrounding islands. You'll be able to bioengineer dinosaur breeds, build attractions, and maybe place toilets for people to be munched by dinos in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-20-jurassic-world-evolution-theme-park-sim-announced-by-planet-coaster-dev-frontier

Frontier's first expo takes place next month, so expect more news and hopefully gameplay footage then (Eurogamer say the game is penciled in for June).

This should be brilliant, by the way, because... Frontier.

• Like 1

Full Expo panel and in-game animation reveal above. 

If you just want to see the in-game animation:

This is shaping up very nicely. Sounds like there will be hugely comprehensive management systems in place (you have to bio-engineer and send fossil teams around the world to extract DNA back at the labs, and you will have access to the five islands). The full panel video is well worth a watch.

*Dan says "the five islands"*

*My brain automatically responds "las cincos muertes"*

*Ability to remain cautious about the game's chances wanders off out the window*

• Haha 1

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/11/17446768/jurassic-world-evolution-review-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Polygon have a review of the game, and say it’s “exactly the park sim you want it to be”, “You can finally build a functioning Jurassic Park” and “In Jurassic World Evolution, you can finally create a Jurassic Park to be proud of.”

Sounds like it’s good and something I would like. 

• Like 1

It's a future steam sale purchase for me, simply because I've too much to play right now. I'm a Frontier fan so I am not surprised it hits the right notes. 

On 6/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Angry the Clown said:

It's a future steam sale purchase for me, simply because I've too much to play right now. I'm a Frontier fan so I am not surprised it hits the right notes. 

The base game is 75% off in the Steam Winter sale. 

• Like 1