LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Black Mirror Discussion Thread

Cast and Directors

“Arkangel” 

Cast: Rosemarie Dewitt (La La Land, Mad Men), Brenna Harding (A Place to Call Home), Owen Teague (Bloodline)
Director: Jodie Foster
Written by: Charlie Brooker

“USS Callister” 

Cast: Jesse Plemons (Black Mass, Fargo), Cristin Milioti (The Wolf of Wall Street, Fargo), Jimmi Simpson (Westworld, House of Cards), Michaela Coel (Chewing Gum, Monsters: Dark Continent)
Director: Toby Haynes (Dr Who, Sherlock)
Written By: Charlie Brooker & William Bridges

“Crocodile”

Cast: Andrea Riseborough (Birdman, Bloodline), Andrew Gower (Outlander), Kiran Sonia Sawar (Murdered By My Father)
Director: John Hillcoat (Triple Nine, Lawless)
Written By: Charlie Brooker

“Hang the DJ” 

Cast: Georgina Campbell (Flowers, Broadchurch), Joe Cole (Peaky Blinders, Green Room), George Blagden (Versailles, Vikings)
Director: Tim Van Patten (The Sopranos, Game of Thrones)

“Metalhead” 

Cast: Maxine Peake (The Theory Of Everything, The Village), Jake Davies (The Missing, A Brilliant Young Mind), Clint Dyer (Hope Springs)
Director: David Slade (Hannibal, American Gods)

“Black Museum” 

Cast: Douglas Hodge (The Night Manager, Catastrophe), Letitia Wright (Humans, Ready Player One), Babs Olusanmokun (Roots, The Defenders)
Director: Colm McCarthy

Ditto, can't wait! I just love that every episode is unique. I generally enjoy most episodes, but with this it just doesn't matter how much I do or don't enjoy any particular episode, I'm still always able look forward to the next one.👍

Well, until the season ends, which with Black Mirror, always happens too fast. 

Got in the first two episodes tonight. Both good, but that first episode was so much fun.

I would love to know the percentage of episode one viewers that also checked IMDB and got a laugh from the Breaking Bad characters name for the first time? It was the first time my wife or I had heard that one. Perfect! 😃

I just love strong shows where each episode is an small film, independent from one another.  

Great season. Enjoyed all the episodes. Black Museum was a great last episode to the season. Pay close attention to everything in that episode.

Hang the DJ is so good.

It’s almost a spiritual successor to San Junipero in a lot of ways.

The chemistry between the two leads is just superb. 

21 hours ago, Romier S said:

Hang the DJ is so good.

Hide contents

It’s almost a spiritual successor to San Junipero in a lot of ways.

The chemistry between the two leads is just superb. 

I too enjoyed Hang the DJ, and I thought it was thoughtful placed within the season's anthology. But I also think it may be a forgotten episode by many once the season ends, lost in the noise if you will. The leads were great! But, oh she was lovely! Absolutely lovely!

Speaking about that drowning noise, Crocodile. My wife had trouble watching that one. I thought it was great, but I also enjoy some painful 'omg are they going to go there' entertainment. My wife was swearing a lot. Good episode!

We got up to Metalhead, and although it had some good ideas and moments, I found it the least engaging episode so far. Of course it's a high bar being set, imo, I'm just really enjoying Black Mirror. 

Yeah Metalhead was my least favorite of the season. 

Crocodile was really good, what happened I caught onto right before it happened.

Metalhead lacked any real hook to make it interesting. It’s a bog standard post apocalypse thriller. It’s well made and engaging to a point but outside of that? Pretty damned forgettable. I finished the season last night and my rankings are:

1. Hang the DJ

2. USS Callister

3. Black Museum

4. Crocodile

5. Arkangel

6. Metalhead

That is my order as well. The hook for Metalhead is supposed to be what they are were trying to take from the warehouse, but it fell kind of flat. Originally was supposed to be something very different from the interview I read on Deadline.

It made it worse. Considering the ever present danger? To have risked your life for that? Yeah, you deserved to die.

• Like 2

Finished it last night. Overall I liked it, but didn't think it was quite as strong as previous seasons. 

On 12/31/2017 at 6:02 AM, JTello said:

My wife had trouble watching that one.

My wife had trouble with Crocodile too, and was glad for the relief of Hang The DJ afterwards.

1 - Hang The DJ

2 - USS Callister

3 - Arkangel

4 - Crocodile

5 - Black Museum

6 - Metalhead

The last 3 can pretty much be interchanged (in fact I did a couple times putting them in order) and I may change my mind in another minute.

• Like 1

A little bit of context for the people who aren't Brits of a certain age, "Bandersnatch" was a widely ambitious "Megagame" game announced for the ZX Spectrum back in 1984, that was going to require special hardware because it was "too much" for the Speccy, by a company called Imagine. The company behind it exploded wildly onscreen in a documentary

• Like 3

We watched this on the PS3 tonight and it was wild and a total blast. It’s really quite something. The

Netflix

ending had me in literal tears it was so insane.

From what I have read, I saw all the endings during the movie (because it lets you change choices) except for the bashit one you mentioned and the ending I just finished and it auto went to credits.

if you select toy as the password , it allows you to choose to go with your mom, and he just dies during a therapy sessions because he was on the train, pretty trrippy