LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBardon

A thread about Lego

The closest thing I have from Lexington, KY is a store in Cincinnati.  I'll keep that in mind.  Having said that, I gave them a call, and they simply have no waiting list for the Falcon.  It's essentially first come first serve.

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Nice, less than $100 with Amazon's 15% toy coupon and my $13 in Amazon Visa rewards.  

15% toy coupon? Do share :)

I think I was only offered it because I hadn't ever bought a toy there, on my account at least.  There was no code, per se, just a notice on the product page that said I qualified.

I saw six Saturn V’s at the Lego Store today. Glad they’ve finally got them on shelves reliably. Still waiting on our name to come up for the Falcon, I’m told maybe April.

Gah... I have LEGO fever. There's so many sets I want.

I came back from the LEGO store yesterday with the Diner. I almost got the Technic Rally Car 42077 after seeing it in person and realizing how huge it was.

I'm also tempted by the Ferrari F40 10248 that Amazon just brought back for some reason. I also tracked a Batman Tumbler in craigslist for a reasonable price.

I really want this one to happen, it would go well next to the Saturn V:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/50a447cc-0acb-4fff-b3c9-41739fed157c

4647075-o_1bktgen9e1vl566mhsf1vdq1qe2c-f

Glad to hear that the Saturn V is in stock again.  I'd hoped that would eventually reach a state that people could buy it, rather than just evaporating.  I also upvoted that Space Shuttle on Ideas, and I think it's in for the next review round.  I'd like to think it has a decent chance of making it, but they seem to be a little strange in what they choose to produce.  I also thought that the modular arcade was brilliant, with the only real flaw being a lack of pinball, but I get the impression that there's zero chance that will make it.  Lego doesn't seem to choose any of the fan-designed modular buildings.

23 hours ago, AlbertA said:

I also tracked a Batman Tumbler in craigslist for a reasonable price

It's a nice set-a lot of black, and a joker minifig that you can't get anywhere else.  It would have been even better if I'd been able to get the 89 Batmobile back in the day, but I missed out on it then, so this will have to do. 

Progress made on the new Falcon, slowly but surely.  Up to bag 12 of 17, and I can see where there's a lot more detail on this one compared to the original.  The downside to having all those little bits tacked on the outside though is that they're more likely to fall off when moving the model, so it's going to be interesting getting this one into its final home. 

I just saw this custom build from rebrickable linked to for a vertical stand for the UCS falcon.  It means you have to replace the landing gear, but it's actually not a bad idea.  I can't remember-can you get the technic parts at the retail store pick-a-brick walls? 

The coffee table solution also isn't bad, but I think I'll be able to find a home for mine with a little creativity.  Long term, I don't know if I'd trust anything other than the landing gear to hold it up, although I did see another cool solution that used a TV mount that could be awesome. 

Also Lego today annouced that the LEGO review board has decided not to move forward with the Space Shuttle.

16 minutes ago, kelley said:

Also Lego today annouced that the LEGO review board has decided not to move forward with the Space Shuttle.

Z2bnW6n.gif

7MK2U7g.gif

There's some extra context in the blog post that explains the selection criteria, so I'd have to assume that it's something to do with the design, rather than a rejection of the idea.  Maybe it'll be back with a second iteration?  It seems like too good an idea to not do, especially with the Saturn V being so hard to find.

It could just be that when I already bought two big LEGO Shuttles, plus the little one in the Women Of NASA set (and I think there’s at least one I passed on) they feel the need to wait a couple of years before doing yet more.