LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBardon

A thread about Lego

The tax man was good to me this year, so I took the plunge into LEGO sets... I was going to splurge on the cinema, but given my background I couldn’t say no to the old fishing store...

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Old-Fishing-Store-21310?cmp=KAC-SAHGOOGLEUS&HQS=lego ideas old fishing store&s_kwcid=AL!790!3!218484153558!b!!g!!lego ideas old fishing store&ef_id=WqfLcAAAAJWqFePv:20180313130032:s

I’m fascinated by the reviews where they layout the part rarity.

Apparently the seagulls and cat included are incredibly uncommon in sets, which is so odd to me :P

I think it’s that specific cat. We had a white cat for Barney and a black one for Tilly, but it’s only now we have a ginger Biscuit. 

• Like 1

Tax season is almost over.  I'm running on fumes at the moment, and I still can't find the damn Millenium Falcon.

I did wonder whether the closing of Toys R Us stores in the UK will bring about any Lego bargains, but some how I doubt it. Haven't heard anything as yet.

I'm curious if we'll get any bargains, yes. But I suspect that someone like Smyths or the Entertainer will bulk-purchase the stock. Or, indeed, it be returned to suppliers as part of the liquidation process.

The fishing store has begun! I got a couple hours into it on Sunday and am about a fifth of the way through the project. It’s literally mostly foundational work at this point, but I have such a blast making these things.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:15 AM, Angry the Clown said:

That's my expectation, yes. Lego products just seem too popular and valuable to throw into a fire sale. 

I wonder now that they will close all their stores if they will actually put them on sale as they have no other stores to go to...

Allegedly, Amazon has a whole team dedicated to procuring surplus, overstock or liquidation stock from all over the world (which explains how they still had Palace Cinema and Ferrari F40 stock). I imagine Amazon will procure all their lego stock.

I’m definitely sad I could never afford the cinema before it vanished from sale here (it only left Lego’s UK webstore just recently). Even if I saw it tomorrow I just couldn’t part with the cash as I’d still be in no place to spend that kind of money. Damn all these £100+ sets. 

Another reissue/redesign.  The new UCS Y-Wing will be available May 4 (no early access for VIPs).  There's a bunch of pics up at brickset

75181_Back_01.jpg

I'll probably pass, since I have the original one, and it looks very similar.  The cockpit is much nicer, and the overall model is a lot less white than the current one, but I don't really feel the need to upgrade this one.  I passed on the x-wing reissue a few years back, and I passed on the repeat snowspeeder, so it's really just been the falcon that I've double dipped on. 

The Tron lightcycles are a likely purchase though.  Probably next time there's a good promo on:

21314_Box3_v29.jpg

Agreed on the Tron cycles. £25 here which is reasonable.

The Y-Wing is a BEAUTY.  I've always loved the Y-Wings but funds will not allow a purchase of that one sadly.

The second I preorder it the Y Wing, I will probably be short on funds for the Millenium Falcon.

Hmm, the Millenium Falcon I can get now.... but I have no one to be at home to receive it.....

The problem with the roller coaster is that it's simultaneously too big and too small.  It's got a pretty large footprint, which makes it tricky to find a place to display it.  It's also a pretty short coaster, which I can completely understand given the desire to make something semi-affordable.  Some of the custom ones I've seen on youtube are absolutely incredible, but again, take up lots more space. 

That being said, I may get it eventually if we can figure out where to put it.  I've got the carousel already (still not assembled), so I suppose I'm getting the theme park sets as well now?