LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JFo

Mega Man 11 Coming Late 2018 (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Here's the Tweet announcing the game along with a short montage of game footage.

It looks like they've ditched the retro 8-bit stylings of the last two installments in favor of more modern graphics. I like! It's sort of like what I was hoping Mighty Number 9 would look like.

I think this looks pretty good.  I'm glad that they kept that old school aesthetic without applying 8-bit bull shit like making it look like it is at 320i resolution.  I friggin hate that.

Although the menus have some very 8-bity icons that seem unnecessarily 8-bit.

The demo is also available on Swtich. Not sure about the Xbox One though. I don’t see a link for it on the store yet.

I’ll have to make time to check this out tonight if I can. I’m really curious to see how this one feels to play 

26 minutes ago, Mark E said:

You can’t jump through the boss doors any more. You drop down and walk in.

This bothers me WAY more than it should.

Nooo! 😆 Ha this will bother me too.

34 minutes ago, Mark E said:

You can’t jump through the boss doors any more. You drop down and walk in.

1/10

Mega Man 11's Doors Are Screwed Up And I Don't Know What's Real Anymore

Heather Alexandra for Kotaku:

If you’ve ever played a Mega Man game, you’ve probably jumped into a boss door at one point either on purpose or by accident. Even since 1987’s Mega Man, doors have worked strangely. They’re basically trigger points that start a transition to the next screen when you touch them. Hit the door and the screen scrolls to the right and into the next room. The scrolling also carries Mega Man across the screen, no matter where he’s at. This meant that you could jump at a door and get dragged mid-air into the boss room. It looked a little silly, but if you’re like me, you probably did it a lot. In fact, let’s be honest, it’s the only way to go through boss doors.

But if you jump into the boss door leading to the fight with Block Man in the Mega Man 11 demo, you’re in for a disappointment. Instead of getting yoinked into the room, Mega Man drops to the ground and walks through the open door. Where’s the fun in that?

#Doorgate

• Haha 1
  • Epic Post 1

Anyone else buying? My copy on the Xbox One X shipped and is arriving today. 

I won't be able to really dig into it until I've completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider but I'm ready for some tough as nails Megaman action.:)

10 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Anyone else buying? My copy on the Xbox One X shipped and is arriving today. 

I've had it pre-ordered for awhile. I played the demo and it's tough! 

10 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I've had it pre-ordered for awhile. I played the demo and it's tough! 

It wouldn't be Megaman if it wasn't.:)

hqdefault.jpg

38 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I played the demo and it's tough!

I played it as well and agree. I think my biggest problem for me was that I didn't use the Gears power-ups much, if at all. From what I've gathered, they're integral to completing the game, particularly the one that lets you slow down time. I'm so stuck in my old-school Mega Man ways that it just didn't occur to me to us them.

This one is definitely on my to-get list, but it will be a while. I have another classic Capcom franchise that will be taking up most of my gaming time in October instead. 😊

Colin's a massive Mega Man fan, but doesn't go easy on 11:

I'm curious to see how the Gear system works out in the end. I felt I used the time slower much more than the super mega buster one. 

Killed off Fuse Man. It took me two continues on Normal difficulty and I had to use the energy tank I picked up in the level but he’s done. 

I wont really dig in here until I’m done with Tomb Raider so I’ll likely restart and do the level again without using the tank. Still, that was fun! Love the level design, music and visuals. Nice to have the blue bomber back.

Tried Impact Man really quick before bed. The mini boss is a backhoe controlled by a Construction Hat that requires some specific dodging, sliding, and jumping that takes some time to figure out. If you die it takes you back quite a bit. Nintendo hard! 👍

16 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Colin's a massive Mega Man fan, but doesn't go easy on 11:

Mega Man, as a series, seems to be in this weird place. Fans expect it to adhere to a strict design philosophy set by the early games -- particularly Mega Man 2 and -- but it can neither change too much nor too little. If it changes too much, they say it doesn't feel like a Mega Man game anymore. If it doesn't change enough, it's just the same old, same old. The question is, what is the exact right amount of change that would satisfy people like Colin? My gut tells me nothing would. No matter what Capcom does, he won't be happy either way.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JFo said:

Mega Man, as a series, seems to be in this weird place. Fans expect it to adhere to a strict design philosophy set by the early games -- particularly Mega Man 2 and -- but it can neither change too much nor too little. If it changes too much, they say it doesn't feel like a Mega Man game anymore. If it doesn't change enough, it's just the same old, same old. The question is, what is the exact right amount of change that would satisfy people like Colin? My gut tells me nothing would. No matter what Capcom does, he won't be happy either way.

Yeah the Double Gear system is the crux of this. If you think the formula isn't broken, it changes the game too much, but if you want a new spin on the genre or don't have a long history with the franchise, it's not an issue. 

In the extremely little time I've played with it, I like it, but it does make the game feel less like a "Mega Man game".

9 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

In the extremely little time I've played with it, I like it, but it does make the game feel less like a "Mega Man game".

Do you know what it reminds me of? Viewtiful Joe. Same idea with the slow motion move in that game. I suppose if you like fast-paced platforming and shooting in your games, having the ability to slow time down ruins that for you.