LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Disney closing in on a deal to buy 20th Century Fox. Valued at over 60 billion. Could announce next week...

Apparently March 20th is the Day Disney will officially own the Fox assets they purchased around the globe.

I guess that leaves Spider-man and Hulk as the characters they won't own?

Namor it seems they got back, but never said it. Hulk they own for everything but solo films. So spider-man pretty much.  Everything else is back. A month before end game is plenty of time to make a quick FF teaser :)

I can't wait to see what they do with X-Men. Are there any rumors to how they'll handle it? Are they cutting ties with the Fox universe after Dark Phoenix?

There have been no rumors about any of the fox marvel properties at all. Only things mentioned are The New Mutants movie may go straight Hulu, and Deadpool will still be rated R if there are more films. Most of the stuff they had planned was cancelled over the last 6 months. I like that Feige and the Marvel studios inner circle are keeping things close. I hope they do an event like they did years ago laying out their plans for the next 3 years or so. Should be a bigger event with Disney+ things in the works. The Marvel playground just became a whole lot bigger.

• Like 1

I know they're massive earners as general franchise. I know.

But it still baffles me that the merger talk is ALL about whether and how Feige gets to play with Mutants, rather than what Disney might do with the original Star Wars films. Because that's all I really need to know - when am I going to be allowed a UHD of the Trilogy without CG?

Honestly I am not concerned about Marvel or Star Wars. I am still wary of the long term fate of Searchlight, and indeed the studio’s very strong catalogue of films that Fox has been pretty respectfully committed to restoring and relesing (and indeed licensing to third partys which, historically, is not something Disney is known to do although we’ve seen minor efforts allowing some Touchstone/Hollywood scraps to go to Kino). Basically I want to know if Fox home video gets to continue as a relatively independent department.

That's a very good point; Disney won't even let the UK have a 4k stream of Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Yeah, I love that the Marvel characters are together again.  Hate the general loss of competition.  If Disney can someone how kill Netflix, then we're left with Amazon and Disney owning the world.