LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U) coming to Nintendo Switch/3DS July 13th, 2018

Wii U port with additional levels including New Donk City. Curious as to the pricing as the original released at a $39.99 price point if memory serves? (I may be wrong). Either way, its a wonderful game and those that have not played it should absolutely check it out!

There's something so charming about Captain Toad that I got excited when I saw this, and then I realized I got bored of the Wii U game quite quickly.

I may still get it.

I've already got it on the WiiU, so I'll probably pass, but if there was a nice option to upgrade any of these ports for a discount, I'd be much more interested. 

Looks like it will retail for the same release price as when it hit the Wii U - $39.99. At least its consistent.

I *LOVED* the game on the Wii U so I'll have to think long and hard on it but it may end up being a double dip for me right out of the gate. It's such a unique game and I enjoyed it so much that I can talk myself into justifying the purchase.:)

• Like 1

Digital Foundry has a video on both the Switch and 3DS ports of the game.

As you’d expect, the presentation on Switch is top-notch, but the 3DS port really surprises. The video looks at how the touch screen elements from the Wii U version work on Switch. I had completely forgotten about that aspect of the game to be honest. In handheld mode on Switch, it’s not an issue as you can simply touch the screen with your finger. Obviously, that’s not the case in docked mode.It looks like Nintendo found a solution that works reasonably well, but this might be one of those games where it’s best to play the game in handheld mode.

I really want to play this again, but I have so many other games in my queue at the moment—several of which are big open world titles—that I don’t want to add any more to the list. I’d rather focus on games that I haven’t played yet.

But those of you who skipped it because it was on Wii U... definitely pick it up. It’s such a fun and charming little puzzle game. 

• Like 1

CDKeys in the UK have a code for this for 27.99 so I grabbed it. That's a good chunk less than the eShop price Nintendo want for the non-bundle edition (and it will get you the full eShop value in reward coins, about £1.75, when redeemed, so something to put towards the cheap £5 DLC perhaps). I'm still playing Yoshi but looking forward to giving this a whirl as I thought the demo was delightful.

• Like 1

The DLC is so cheap I will probably buy it this week. 

I believe since this hit the Switch some improvements were made via a patch (not sure if it came with the co-op patch or before it). There was some criticism of the way the original touch screen elements translated to docked playback as on a TV you get a blue dot that you move around with the right analogue stick to simulate a finger on screen, and originally the blue dot was very obvious and distracting but apparently they went back and adjusted its opacity to make it less visually intrusive.