LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Retro Gaming bug

17 hours ago, Romier S said:

I’ve been considering using those universal game cases for loose carts. Especially on the NES as I gave damn near 60 carts I could use them on. Just a matter of laziness in not having ordered the yet. Looks nice.

Yeah, but if you put some of the games in universal cases, would you keep the boxed ones in boxes, or go with cases for all of them?  Mixed wouldn't look as nice on a shelf, unless you did alphabetical boxed, and then alphabetical cased, but then you wouldn't have series/sequels together.  Or, you could just give up all pretense of uniformity and sort strict chronological (regradless of platform), or even autobiographical. 

It's funny how collecting something like this invariably leads to archivist/librarian tendencies. :)

20 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

Yeah, but if you put some of the games in universal cases, would you keep the boxed ones in boxes, or go with cases for all of them?  Mixed wouldn't look as nice on a shelf, unless you did alphabetical boxed, and then alphabetical cased, but then you wouldn't have series/sequels together.  Or, you could just give up all pretense of uniformity and sort strict chronological (regradless of platform), or even autobiographical. 

It's funny how collecting something like this invariably leads to archivist/librarian tendencies. :)

I’d do them all and store the original boxes to ensure they don’t get any additional wear and tear.

7 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

1524667222009-Screen-Shot-2018-04-25-at-103656-AM.png

• Like 1

I received two of these bad boys today and man they rock.

8EDF28A8-8780-46AD-96DA-52D215FB06AC.jpeg

Ones for my Sega CD/Genesis Model 2 setup and the other for my Genesis model 1. It feels even better than the Sega OEM 6 button, you can setup turbo buttons, it’s over the 2.4ghz band so lag is minimal and you can plug it into the Switch via USB and play those great Sega Ages releases.:)

I ordered my first Analogue product. The Super NT is on its way:) 

I have a number of SNES units and connectivity via SCART and component but I wanted to dig into a good FPGA solution for the SNES and the NT is the best one out there.  I already have the Mega SG on preorder so I'll have the trifecta of FPGA consoles with the RetroUSB AVS, Super NT and Mega SG.:)

• Like 1

A fun pickup today and I played through and beat one of my favorite Genesis platformers!

8D910756-F901-4446-9CBF-F408725CC3B0.jpeg

67445E15-8BFC-4BCC-B359-214305CEAA62.jpeg

35CE6B60-5BA3-4C91-976D-6F4F3149F88C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

I still have my Dragon Warrior I got for free from Nintendo Power.

I got it free that way as well, and had no idea it was coming.

• Like 1

Got my ship notice from Retrousb today. My AVS NES has shipped.:)

My Super NT is scheduled for delivery on Friday as well.

:banderas:

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, Starhawk said:

I still have my Dragon Warrior I got for free from Nintendo Power.

Same. I still have the Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior guide that came stapled in the middle. It's bagged up with the rest of my "vintage" mags (like Turbo Force and Mega Play, Holla!).

On 3/5/2019 at 8:20 PM, JoeyN said:

I got it free that way as well, and had no idea it was coming.

Same! It just showed up and immediately dominated my life for about a month.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen a complete in box DW with that "tips" card before.  Nice find!  I actually remember playing that game before the "free game" promo, and I think DW2 was out in NA before then. 

7 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

I don't think I've ever seen a complete in box DW with that "tips" card before.  Nice find!  I actually remember playing that game before the "free game" promo, and I think DW2 was out in NA before then. 

It was surprisingly cheap. I only paid $15 bucks for it. The shop I was at also had a boxed copy of Double Dragon III without the manual for $20 but I kind of went back and forth. I may go back for it later.:)

My Super NT was delivered this morning. My AVS ia also scheduled for today as mentioned. I'll post some impressions later tonight. I'll likely create specific threads for each. Along with a thread for a quick review of the HD Retrovision component cables for a few systems I've recently invested in (as I'm attempting to move away from SCART).

• Like 2

You’ll have to post your impressions on the new hardware. I’m interested in your take. 

These arrived today as well....

C62980F1-64C1-4764-96FA-F75EFF414E01.jpeg

4BE88068-AA65-46E2-9AC6-E21C140F1964.jpeg

I’ve got stands for all of my handhelds now. I’m probably going to order similar pieces for my wireless controllers and Wiimotes as well.

• Like 3

I’ll have more of a slimmed down review for the Super NT in the next day or so but suffice it to say, this thing rocks! It’s a well built, utterly premium top to bottom console and the best way to play SNES games on the market today! Here’s a few shots of the unit including a size comparison with the SNES Classic and AVS...

1241E929-6E4E-49B0-AE46-931253A9BC63.jpeg

6F013C18-398D-488C-9577-A2DCDA46720E.jpeg

C1BB42D1-A6BE-404C-B285-3ED52C84F66A.jpeg

14581839-5D55-4281-AB6B-860C471655E5.jpeg

• Like 2

Watched Nintendo Quest while doing dishes lol, and suspect it'll hit home with a few people on here. It's definitely a little staged, definitely glosses over details, but it does a good job of capturing why this one guy collects NES games and the thrill of the hunt. And the thrill of ownership afterwards ;) 

It does a poor job introducing itself, give it some time to get going. 

I got my copy of Nintendo Quest signed by the creators at the last Retro Game Convention in Austin. Super cool guys who loved talking about this stuff. It was the first DVD I purchased in about a decade and the last one since.

(I was not all that into the movie, however. That "villain" though. Painful. Haha)

• Like 1

It’s been a bit since I posted some game pickups...

52477A9C-D6E5-4862-982D-FE52BC585EDF.jpeg

C7075695-6E50-475F-84B5-AE82A03C2606.jpeg

...and yes I still you all a review if the Super NT. It’s coming! I’m too busy replaying Yoshi’s Island on it.:)

• Like 2