LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Retro Gaming bug

Goddamn that looks like quite a comprehensive video. Haven't watched it all yet, but good to see so many options available and progress being made in this area. 

Chris Kohler’s video series, Complete In Box, has a new video on the 64DD. 

This was such a weird and interesting experiment from Nintendo. It would be a neat thing to own since it was so rare, never released outside of Japan, something most people don’t even know about, and so different from the CD-ROM drives (but yet, oddly similar to the Famicom Disc Drive). 

Prices on Ebay say that will never happen though, and especially not with a keyboard. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 6:25 PM, Mark E said:

Woo, Vesperia. Best Tales game.

Of course I buy it on the 360 without realizing its getting a proper remaster on Xbox, PS4, Switch and PC.

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition?utm_source=petrol&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=pre-order#editions

Resolutions and framerates:

EXCSsoI.png 

Nothing on X or Pro support as of yet.

Well, it’s not exactly a graphics powerhouse anyway and the base game is fantastic.

Honestly, some of the gameplay changes are odd to me in the sense that I don’t know how they’ll work narratively and it’s possible the story suffers as a result. I’ll find out, I suppose, but a straight copy of the game is excellent on its own.

5 hours ago, Mark E said:

Man, I should sell my copy...

It easily sells in the $80-$90 range complete and it’s the most sought after version of Smash. It’s why I felt comfy paying $50 for it. The value will just go up from here.

It’s understandable why, I am just surprised that it was so valuable. I’ll sit on it a while longer though, since why not.

I wonder what some of the other Cube stuff is going for? I saved almost all my games.

Cube has its rarities. 

NCAA Basketball 2K3 runs in the $150-$200 mark. Being one of the last NCAA titles in general and it had a stupid low print run. Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes* can run in the $60-$80 range complete. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance routinely sells between $100-$150. Some others:

Skies of Arcadia Legend* - $60-$80

Resident Evil 2* - $40-50

Resident Evil 3* - $40-50

Pokémon Box Ruby and Sapphire - $250-$400

Metroid Prime/Wind Water combo box pack-in - $120-$200

Pokémon XD - $30-$40

Eternal Darkness* - $30-$40

Go Go Hypergrind - $100-$150

Zelda Promo Disc (had four titles)* - $30-$50

Zelda Master Quest Promo Disc* - $30-$50

Cubivore - $150-$250

Gotcha Force -$150-$160

Phantasy Star Online I &II Plus - $145-$175 (plus version is rare)

Gameboy Player disc with slip cover - $75-$100

Thats a pretty good run down of rare and valuable games. Anything with a *, I own. I also kept a vast majority of my Gamecube collection. Keep in mind that the values listed are for complete titles with box/manual, etc. value drops when things are missing,

My OCD never lets things go missing :).

I’m not really ready to evacuate the collection yet, but I still have all the RE titles, Eternal Darkness, Twin Snakes, the Zelda bonus disc, and Skies of Arcadia.

Not buying the Fire Emblem title when it was released is one of my biggest regrets given how much I love that series.

17 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

What’s the Famitsu with the RE4 demo disc worth? I still have that somewhere. Not sure I’d part with it, but curious about its value.

Generally around $40-$50. If you have the magazine in good condition with both included discs, up to $100.

I added more today. $30 each....

58C67F17-C464-406C-87C5-31A364C85D29.jpeg

I'll need to re-check the math, but aren't we due for an updated pic of your setup, Romier?

(I love me some setup pics)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rainmaykr said:

I'll need to re-check the math, but aren't we due for an updated pic of your setup, Romier?

(I love me some setup pics)

Sure. I’ll post some of the retro setup and my main HT/Gaming area. 

My modest retro (still WIP):

34E4EB98-ADB3-4A35-A997-B02FEE4FC1D5.jpeg

F52AC6F2-97A3-4639-ACA2-ABD8132CC051.jpeg

30532C67-7A03-48DA-9C3E-683EBE47D8A7.jpeg

A33CA99E-8297-4871-AC7C-CD78AFE597F1.jpeg

14EF29B4-64CD-4B1F-94C9-E37459F90147.jpeg

52A37E58-CCCF-4ACA-A738-5E4D2FF19180.jpeg

994ED07E-6793-4577-BF17-A8DD664AED88.jpeg

E934F311-76D0-4A4E-9144-F5B6024AA958.jpeg

I need to to order some prope display stands for the handhelds. I hate having them hidden on the shelf but it will have to do for now. I plan to add more shelving for games. I have some of those section in the shelf double and triple stacked back with games so it’s a bitch to get a at some titles. Like I said, work in progress.;)

The Sega Master Ststem isn’t installed yet. Mostly for two reasons. The first is space and the second I bought one of these for $60 in good condition (the power base converter).

sega_pbc_us_md1.jpg

I also have it in waiting until my Genesis 10ft scart cable arrives. It’ll be my primary way to play SMS titles since it outputs a nicer image than the RGB from the SMS itself. 

• Like 1

My still unfinished CRT area. It’s on the back burner until I can get some comfy seating that doesn’t take up too much space. I want to replace the rack as well with the same ones I’m using in the main setup as well.

7FBFE562-0752-42DC-8934-5583E3F04F14.jpeg

• Like 2

I didn’t even know this existed until I picked it up today! $25 for a whole lot of wonderful Kirby games. It includes the soundtrack as well.

AF517923-EB4E-4EDA-B796-F0E96385E75E.jpeg

FFAC4BE3-F841-470F-ACDD-4C29AE662FEB.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s been a bit. January was ugly on my wallet between retro and new game releases.

09DAAD5A-CB44-49A0-838D-405031578A39.jpeg

45F29A05-7FB4-41FF-BC49-013734624C95.jpeg

D32C52EA-39AF-4705-932B-CD8077A6711D.jpeg

646B3AC4-C066-4A0B-BF46-B4AE317E27DE.jpeg

Apologies for some of the blurriness but you get the point. As mentioned in the money spent thread, I had to replace my copy of Panzer Dragoon Zwei due to disc rot issues.:( . I was doing a general disc cleaning maintenance of all of my Saturn games and noticed two smallish black marks that I could not wipe away. I considered getting it professionally resurfaced as I have with a number of other discs but I held the disc up the light and the light shone right through both marks which is a clear indicator of disc rot. The data is likely lost on both of those sectors. The game boots and plays fine but I wasn't taking a chance. I located a good copy of it at one of my local retro shops for $70 and pounced on it. 

Speaking of resurfacing discs, one of the local chains here has a $60k resurfacing machine that’s brilliant. I had a few PS2 games done to test out the service and I was floored by how beautiful it left my discs looking without a hint that any resurfacing was done. No residue, no scratch marks . The discs look utterly new and the machine shaved off such a fine amount that it’s negligible. I’ve had about 20 discs done between a few platforms and it’s been brilliant. Especially for some higher priced games on the PSX that had started to show some oxidation/clouding. The place charges $10 for 5 discs and worth it to me for some choice discs I’d like to ensure remain in pristine condition.