LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
AlbertA

The LG OLED thread

On 12/8/2018 at 12:44 PM, iainl said:

I’m also more than a little grumpy that with so many computing devices in the house and a “Smart” tv, the only decent streaming film purchasing option for 4k HDR seems to be buying an Apple TV. 

No Fandango Now in your market?

Bummer. I've found Fandango Now to be a good source for 4K HDR streaming. It works with moviesanywhere as well, so they show up in iTunes.

Ah, MoviesAnywhere. Making download codes actually useful, purely for Americans. 

Meanwhile, Ultraviolet has collapsed here to the point where only Warner use it now and the only service it works on is roughly the quality of VideoCD and only works on telephones. 

I’d like to think we’d get Movies Anywhere here but since it’s Disney’s baby and they have never shown any interest in including digital codes with their UK Blu-rays I can’t see it happening unless they suddenly decide to start. 

MoviesAnywhere do reply to tweets sometimes saying they are looking to expand the service to new territories, so who knows. I haven’t completely lost hope yet. The collapse of Ultraviolet certainly leaves an opening. 

• Like 1