LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

New Phase, new discussion/news thread.

We already know spider-man 2 will be right after IW2, which will be followed by Guardians 3. 

Rumors of an Eternals movie came out recently and it’s confirmed in the hiring of writers for the film,Matthew and Ryan Firpo

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-sets-black-list-writers-eternals-movie-1112084

Here are the announced release dates for Marvel Films

July 5, 2019: Spider-Man 2
May 1, 2020: Untitled Marvel
July 21, 2020: Untitled Marvel
November 6, 2020: Untitled Marvel
May 7, 2021: Untitled Marvel
July 30, 2021: Untitled Marvel
November 5, 2021: Untitled Marvel
February 18, 2022: Untitled Marvel
May 6, 2022: Untitled Marvel
July 29, 2022: Untitled Marvel

We can probably expect Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and there are also rumors of a Black Widow film. I wonder if Spider-man 3 and Ant-man 3 will also happen with any of the above dates.

No doubt Captain Marvel will have a sequel.  Maybe that will be quick.  We know that GoG3 is in there.   

With the Fox stuff maybe coming in, and Inhumans on the table, it is wide open for a lot of new stuff.  And then who knows if they'll reboot Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman with their character replacements.

I would not count on the fox stuff for a while even if the deal is done other then teasers.

Yeah probably won't see the fox stuff until a phase 5? Are they still doing phases? They've been mostly quiet about their plans post Avengers 4 to not spoil anything else with The Infinity Stone story line.

Feige has said they are not using “phase” but everyone elseprobably will.

I'll be sad if they do a multiple timeline plotline for Avengers 4.  Rather than committing to consequences and moving on from there, they just warp into another timeline where Iron Man isn't Iron Man, he's married to Pepper, Captain America is on a farm with Peggy Carter, Hawkeye is on his farm with his family, Hulk is cured and living with a non-sterile black widow, etc... every Avengers life is perfect... but meanwhile, in this other unrelated universe, Miles Morales, Female Thor, the Inhumans, Fantastic Four, etc... are all still fighting the good fight in their own reality that we'll now be exposed to.

That would certainly be a great way to reset everything and start fresh for the next 15 years.  But it would feel like a cheat.

I don't expect an alternate timeline plot, but I do expect time travel where someone goes back at different points in time to fight for the stones before Thanos has them.

5 minutes ago, NickC said:

I don't expect an alternate timeline plot, but I do expect time travel where someone goes back at different points in time to fight for the stones before Thanos has them.

Yep

1 hour ago, NickC said:

I generally like time travel plots.  The way they left it, the time travel has to either be Captain Marvel related, because she is the savior that was called.  Or Ant-Man related, because he's the only character besides Dr. Strange who has anything to do with time travel I suppose.

3 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I generally like time travel plots.  The way they left it, the time travel has to either be Captain Marvel related, because she is the savior that was called.  Or Ant-Man related, because he's the only character besides Dr. Strange who has anything to do with time travel I suppose.

My guess is Ant-Man. I expect we will learn about that in Ant-Man and the Wasp with the quantum realm and Janet van Dyne.

And because they are so small we did not see them in the original films ;)

Looks like he will be playing Mysterio.. Great casting for a villain I have really wanted to see on the big screen.

• Like 1

Yeah, I like the casting, not as familiar with Mysterio, but I know he is one of Spider-man's more common adversaries. Homecoming 2 starts filming soon?

About damn time. They could copy and paste Mysterio’s original story, update it a little, and it would make a damn fine movie.

Maybe minus some of Peter wigging out that he has a split personality. But still. He ended up a bit of a joke in the comics, but the smaller villains can work really well on the big screen. Vulture is a bit of a useless villain in the comics, but Michael Keaton did a great job giving the character life.

I’ll be interested to see how they interpret the costume.

Mysterio, Kraven and Chameleon are three villains that would be great in films if done properly. Hopefully they build towards Sinister Six even if they change a few of the members,

14 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Mysterio was responsible for Wolverine murdering all the x-men, right?

In the old man Logan reality.

15 hours ago, NickC said:

The next Spider-Man film will be titled "Far from Home"

That sounds very infinity war ish.  What's the chances that this movies spins off Miles?

8 hours ago, foogledricks said:

That sounds very infinity war ish.  What's the chances that this movies spins off Miles?

I believe it has to do with the film having scenes in Europe.