LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

Keith for the first time ever I agree with an entire post. 😄 I have no doubt they will get someone great for GoTg3, and I can not stand the other Hulk film.

I haven’t watched it in a few years but I remember liking most of Ang Lee’s Hulk except something regarding mutant dogs, Nick Nolte and the ending (underwater fight???). 

44 minutes ago, Angel P said:

I haven’t watched it in a few years but I remember liking most of Ang Lee’s Hulk except something regarding mutant dogs, Nick Nolte and the ending (underwater fight???). 

I liked it when I first watched it.  But now I was stressed watching it thinking about how boring it was, and how my daughter was probably hating it and she was. 

The usual complaint about it is that it’s boring, yes, but while I’ve not watched it in years I remember enjoying the Banner stuff far more than the Hulk bits - both the dogs bit and the ending take place at night and I struggled to see what was going on, while the bright sunshine of the desert sequence didn’t do the limits of the CG skin textures any good. 

Ant-Man and Wasp will pass the first Ant-Man domestically this weekend, after 3 weeks. Internationally It still has not opened in China or UK which made up a large portion Of International last time.  Why has it not been released in the UK yet?

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Why has it not been released in the UK yet?

It arrives next week. My best guess would be that, with most schools here having finished for summer last week, Disney held it back to target younger audiences. It’s the only explanation I can think of. 

• Like 1

What does Disney do here.  Nothing has changed.  The reasons they fired him still stand.  Do they change course because Gunn's friends really like him?  I mean, Disney didn't want to fire him.  It was a PR move.  It would be really bold for them to say now, "We've reconsidered, and after much soul searching, we've decided that if the people who work for Gunn have forgiven him, then he deserves the chance to continue to redeem himself through his art" or something like that.   It is all a funny game.

I don't think Disney will rehire him.  I do hope that the positive support allows him to find more work, and not end up completely blacklisted.

I'd also be surprised if Disney rehired him, though I'd love to see it as I personally think the firing is BS, but whatever, it's the world we live in now. I hope he can find somewhere to work as I genuinely believe he's a good guy.

Oh, he will not be blacklisted.  It is just that Disney cannot give him another pay check unless they publicly eat their hat.  And Disney writes a lot of the checks now that they OWN EVERYTHING.

I don't know why they can't do what AMC did with Chris Hardwick.  The charges leveled against him were far worse than tweeting out some shitty, offensive jokes.

What I would really love is for the cast to refuse to do the film without him, or better yet, for all other directors to refuse to do the job in his place.  Both of those are pipe dreams, though.

Journalists have access to Infinity War special features now, so I'm seeing tons of revelations based on that information.  For example, that Hulk isn't hiding inside of Banner because he's afraid of getting his ass kicked by Thanos again.  That's what I thought.  Instead he's just tired of being used by Banner as the savior.  Its more of a rivalry thing than a fear thing.

Also, I've always WANTED to think that HULK as the strongest most powerful superhero.  That he just needs to get more angry and he's kick anyone's ass.  But all evidence is to the contrary.

- Abomination did quite well against Hulk

-In Avengers hulk was getting his ass beat down by laser fire when all hope was lost in the end

-Ironman subdued Hulk well with his hulk buster in Ultron

-Thor kicked Hulk's ass in Ragnarok

-Hulk struggled with the zombie dog who he only defeated because he fell off into space

-World killer fire guy brushed hulk off like an ant

-Thanos easily kicked Hulk's ass even without using the power of the infinity stones.  I assumed he was using the power stone but I think the commentary implies otherwise

-Captain Marvel can apparently kick Hulk's ass

Over and over again they have gone out of their way to show that HULK is not a dominant force in the MCU.  He's really good to have, you want him on your team, and he can give anyone a lot of problems.  But he is not the be all end all character that I always thought and wanted him to be.

All of that being said, I would LOVE it if HULK loses his mind in IW2 and kicks ass for the first time, destroying Thanos.

19 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Journalists have access to Infinity War special features now, so I'm seeing tons of revelations based on that information.  For example, that Hulk isn't hiding inside of Banner because he's afraid of getting his ass kicked by Thanos again.  That's what I thought.  Instead he's just tired of being used by Banner as the savior.  Its more of a rivalry thing than a fear thing.

Also, I've always WANTED to think that HULK as the strongest most powerful superhero.  That he just needs to get more angry and he's kick anyone's ass.  But all evidence is to the contrary.

- Abomination did quite well against Hulk

-In Avengers hulk was getting his ass beat down by laser fire when all hope was lost in the end

-Ironman subdued Hulk well with his hulk buster in Ultron

-Thor kicked Hulk's ass in Ragnarok

-Hulk struggled with the zombie dog who he only defeated because he fell off into space

-World killer fire guy brushed hulk off like an ant

-Thanos easily kicked Hulk's ass even without using the power of the infinity stones.  I assumed he was using the power stone but I think the commentary implies otherwise

-Captain Marvel can apparently kick Hulk's ass

Over and over again they have gone out of their way to show that HULK is not a dominant force in the MCU.  He's really good to have, you want him on your team, and he can give anyone a lot of problems.  But he is not the be all end all character that I always thought and wanted him to be.

All of that being said, I would LOVE it if HULK loses his mind in IW2 and kicks ass for the first time, destroying Thanos.

Hulk can't beat Thanos but Squirrel Girl can.  :D

• Like 2

Keith the movie is out digitally, came out tuesday . I've watched all the extras already,and listened to the commentary :) Plus I have watched it a number of times that will stay secret 

The way Hulk is different in the MCU then comics is, they have him as more like a child, and not experienced. They even say as such in the commentary tracks for Ragnarok and IW.   In the comics he gets stronger the more he gets the crap kicked out of him. There are plenty of powerful characters in the MCU , but none are invulnerable to everything. Everyone has been stopped in some way or another.

Same goes for DC. Everyone major has "died" in some way. Then come back 6 months to a year later.

1 hour ago, Angel P said:

Hulk can't beat Thanos but Squirrel Girl can.  :D

You guys, Squirrel Girl is the best!

Saw the movie last night and was pleasantly surprised. 

2 hours ago, Robot Monkey said:

Saw the movie last night and was pleasantly surprised. 

By the sheer quantity of full frontal nudity?

2 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Plus I have watched it a number of times that will stay secret 

Your uncle is Thanos?  You have a girlfriend in Niagra Falls who had bootleg copy?

2 hours ago, Robot Monkey said:

You guys, Squirrel Girl is the best!

I keep hearing about Squirrel Girl.  Should sounds ridiculous.  But everyone seems to like her so I thought, she can't be ridiculous.  Then I read the Wikipedia page's  description of her powers:

During Squirrel Girl's first encounter with Iron Man, she provided a detailed demonstration of her powers and abilities: a furry, prehensile tail roughly 3–4 feet long , sizable buck teeth strong enough to chew through wood, and superhuman strength and agility that allows her to easily jump between trees.

Yeah, she sounds ridiculous.  Please don't make a movie about that.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, foogledricks said:

By the sheer quantity of full frontal nudity?

By the sheer quantity of bloody clown sex; something I've never been able to forget bout our time together.

But seriously, Squirrel Girl is the best. She has the power of squirrel as well as the power of girl!

22 minutes ago, Robot Monkey said:

By the sheer quantity of bloody clown sex; something I've never been able to forget bout our time together.

Oh, for Christ sakes, would you two get a tiny car that you both shouldn’t be able to fit inside of at the same time?

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out with the cast, Bautista has been very vocal about his recent displeasure with Disney.

giphy.gif

Apparently there's a casting call for a body double that matches Scarlett Johansson's measurements. 

5WD1M0G.jpg

giphy.gif