Jump to content
LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, foogledricks said:

It is absolutely end game.  Stated during Ultron and during IW.  I’d bet Joey’s comic book collection in it.

I doubt it will be called end game. It will have some title connected to a comic event. Like Avengers Forever or Infinity Crusade. 

 

 

New Captain Marvel trailer tomorrow night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NickC said:

Here's is the new poster for tonight's trailer

 

DtdGGthUcAAfmBc.jpg:large

 

I'm sorry, but you can't beat a lightening infused glowing superhero poster.  I so hope this is great.  If it is, damn, I'll be even more excited for IW2.  Which isn't even possible mathematically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

 

I'm sorry, but you can't beat a lightening infused glowing superhero poster.  I so hope this is great.  If it is, damn, I'll be even more excited for IW2.  Which isn't even possible mathematically.

 

 

Latest rumor for Avengers 4 trailer is this Wednesday during GMA, time will tell, but it would be nice having both trailers released the same week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Shang Chi film is development. A million thumbs up

 

https://www.newsarama.com/42941-shang-chi-in-development-as-mcu-s-first-asian-lead.html

 

Is Marvel going to go 4 films a year? Between new properties, and announced sequels this is getting crazy. And the fox stuff has not even moved over yet.

 

No idea who Shang Chi is, but I'm down for whatever Marvel throws at us film wise at this point, bring on Squirrel Girl.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're trying to capture cultural lightening in a bottle again?  Black Panther was not something that is easily replicated.  There is indeed a dearth of Asian leads in mainstream American movies and TV.  I don't think they'll get the ground-swell of emotional and cultural impact that Black Panther had.  But I admire their attempts at appealing to and expanding upon the cultural reach of these properties.

 

In the end, the best thing they can do is just make a good movie.  Regardless of the cultural impact.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Historically who has generally been considered to be the least popular character in the Marvel universe?

 

My vote would be for Sentry.  I know he is hated a lot. 

 

Shang Chi is the Master of Kung Foo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Shang Chi film is development. A million thumbs up

 

https://www.newsarama.com/42941-shang-chi-in-development-as-mcu-s-first-asian-lead.html

 

Is Marvel going to go 4 films a year? Between new properties, and announced sequels this is getting crazy. And the fox stuff has not even moved over yet.

 

I just hope they learned from Iron Fist and casts someone who can act and actually knows martial arts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MastaRedSnappa said:

 

I just hope they learned from Iron Fist and casts someone who can act and actually knows martial arts.

 

Different department. Marvel TV is completely separate since Feige was given total oversight of MCU (after Ultron) . They also made the big mistake of rushing filming of Iron Fist and Defenders. He only had a week of fight training between Game of Thrones filming and the start of Iron Fist. The marvel film folks get months of training ahead of time.

 

Its also telling that The Disney+ shows are under the MCU Feige umbrella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Feige must be able to afford to buy an entire planet by now. 

 

I think he lives in the Disney castle 😉 I saw an interview where he mentioned the MCU department has a very small office . You would not even know it was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am just as excited about the Kree/Skrull stuff as I am about Captain Marvel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JoeyN said:

 

My vote would be for Sentry.  I know he is hated a lot. 

 

 

I loved Sentry in Dark Avengers. I’m sure I’ve missed a lot but why the hate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Sentry is mentally ill.  That makes him interesting.  But he's like a Superman clone.  Invincible guy with a cape.  And he got his powers by what, drinking some flask in a lab?  I know all these heroes got powers in some odd way.  For me, his level of power, the way he got it, his generic attributes, Is off-putting.  Lazy.  A cheat.  Wish he didn't exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest rumor is now Friday for Avengers 4 Trailer and apparently the Spider-man Far From Home Trailer could be revealed Saturday during the Sony Panel at Comic-Con Experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, all this free marketing with fanboys making up that a trailer is going to be released tomorrow.  No, tomorrow.  No, tomorrow.  I almost hope they never release a trailer.  It would be better advertising than actually releasing a trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Keith is mentally ill.  That makes him almost interesting.  But he's like a Superman clone.  But not an invincible guy, with a cape.  And he got his powers by what, drinking some flask in a lab?  I know all these zeroes dream of getting powers in some odd way.  For me, his lack of power, the way he got a zit, his generic attributes, Is off-putting.  He's Lazy.  He's a cheat.  Wish he didn't exist.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promised myself I wouldn't watch Captain Marvel Trailer.  Oh well, broke down.  To be honest, I don't think it looks that good.  Very generic chosen-one superhero must save the day.  Not especially funny trailer.  Not especially mind-blowing action glimpses.  I don't love all Marvel movies.  Thought Ant-Man 2 was mediocre.  I hope this is way better than that.  I'm going to see this in the theater no matter what as it is so close to IW2, so I won't be able to help myself.  Here's to hoping it is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JTello said:

I like that Keith is mentally ill.  That makes him almost interesting.  But he's like a Superman clone.  But not an invincible guy, with a cape.  And he got his powers by what, drinking some flask in a lab?  I know all these zeroes dream of getting powers in some odd way.  For me, his lack of power, the way he got a zit, his generic attributes, Is off-putting.  He's Lazy.  He's a cheat.  Wish he didn't exist.

I'm starting to think that Joel is some sort of Russian trolling bot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Ha, all this free marketing with fanboys making up that a trailer is going to be released tomorrow.  No, tomorrow.  No, tomorrow.  I almost hope they never release a trailer.  It would be better advertising than actually releasing a trailer.

 

Sooner or later someone will be correct right :P

 

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I promised myself I wouldn't watch Captain Marvel Trailer.  Oh well, broke down.  To be honest, I don't think it looks that good.  Very generic chosen-one superhero must save the day.  Not especially funny trailer.  Not especially mind-blowing action glimpses.  I don't love all Marvel movies.  Thought Ant-Man 2 was mediocre.  I hope this is way better than that.  I'm going to see this in the theater no matter what as it is so close to IW2, so I won't be able to help myself.  Here's to hoping it is great.

 

 

I think it looks OK right now, I feel they did a good job of not showing too much though, I expect this to be a middle tier Marvel film with an origin story arc similar to previous films . I do hope I'm wrong though and they can make this a top tier movie with some surprises.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×