LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

5 hours ago, JTello said:

I like that Keith is mentally ill.  That makes him almost interesting.  But he's like a Superman clone.  But not an invincible guy, with a cape.  And he got his powers by what, drinking some flask in a lab?  I know all these zeroes dream of getting powers in some odd way.  For me, his lack of power, the way he got a zit, his generic attributes, Is off-putting.  He's Lazy.  He's a cheat.  Wish he didn't exist.

What about drunk Superman from Superman III?

• Haha 1

That trailer is brilliant.  They know we don't want to be spoiled.  And they do a good job not spoiling us.  And Joey, I will PM you with my address for the comic collection.

• Haha 2
  • Epic Post 1

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

That trailer is brilliant.  They know we don't want to be spoiled.  And they do a good job not spoiling us.  And Joey, I will PM you with my address for the comic collection.

I suppose the only "spoiler" in there was Ronin, but otherwise you're right.  Looking forward to it, and April isn't that far off.  Captain Marvel first though, which also looks like it'll be great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

Well...... The outcome to this exchange now has the potential to be more interesting than the movie.

Joey? 

Joey wins.  It's called "Endgame," no spaces.  😛

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Well...... The outcome to this exchange now has the potential to be more interesting than the movie.

Joey? 

I never took the bet ;) i do not have a large comic collection anyway.

3 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Lol

2 hours ago, Whooter said:

Joey wins.  It's called "Endgame," no spaces.  😛

😉

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I’ll be calling for an independent inquiry into this.

Only about 4 long boxes worth. The rest is all digital.

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Only about 4 long boxes worth. The rest is all digital.

I love digital comics.  Digital comics are fine.  Just give me your login.  That's the easiest way.

4 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I love digital comics.  Digital comics are fine.  Just give me your login.  That's the easiest way.

Here it is

Username 12345

Password 54321

watch that be some poor souls actual info, lol.

Spidey Far from home trailer was shown at a con in brazil today, but not released online. A few breakdowns have popped up, and I have to say it has a few surprises. Hopefully they show it more widely soon.

• Like 1

It might be been 5 years since I saw a movie in the theater.

The people in line were fun, the people in the theater itself were fun and the movie, well, the movie was very fun (Into the Spiderverse MF-ers!).

The movie was messed up though -- should an Imax movie look like it's dropping frames all the time? Is this par for the course nowadays?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robot Monkey said:

It might be been 5 years since I saw a movie in the theater.

The people in line were fun, the people in the theater itself were fun and the movie, well, the movie was very fun (Into the Spiderverse MF-ers!).

The movie was messed up though -- should an Imax movie look like it's dropping frames all the time? Is this par for the course nowadays?

I'm not sure.  You could be referring to the animation style or maybe your screening was messed up.

9 hours ago, Whooter said:

I'm not sure.  You could be referring to the animation style or maybe your screening was messed up.

This movie intentionally is rendered at a low framerate, like 12 FPS at times, intentionally creating choppy animation for effect.  The weird thing is that they are not consistent.  12 FPS might have a cool effect at times, but it doesn't work for fast action sequences and other shots, so they ramp it up for those.  As a novelty I imagine people like it.  And I can see why it is weird and distracting for some because it is out of the norm. 

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have seen the trailers, and was distracted by the framerate.    I would not be surprised if beyond the novelty, in the long run, I'd be more happy with a straight-up 24fps version throughout.   And to get really controversial, a 60 fps version.  Although I'm not sure about that yet.  I'm one of those people who prefer 24fps 48 shutter movies, but am open to the idea that if I was brought up watching 120 hz movies I would probably throw up watching the blurry jittery mess that is 24fps.

7 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I don't remember saying that but it sounds like something I would say.

You did, but honestly, I can no longer remember the context....  

Edit: Found it!  :D