LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

11 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

All the things I have seen are extremely positive. Embargos are still on so they cant really say much.

But "Thanos is Fucked" gives you a heart on , right?  So excited.

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

But "Thanos is Fucked" gives you a heart on , right?  So excited.

Announcing The title did 😂 I was always a big fan of the less popular comic characters. Which is one of the reasons I love the MCU so much.

Pretty much what Joey said. Early reactions are historically positive for comic films and there's only so much you can say under embargo. I haven't found anyone mentioning issues or comparing it to other MCU films which you normally get though. Going opening night and can't wait!

Prepare to leave the theater somehow even MORE hyped for AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Spoiler

13 hours ago, JoeyN said:

I can not be any more hyped for End Game 🙂

Sure you could.  Imagine at the end of End Game, all hope is lost, then out of nowhere, a red hand picks infinity gauntlet off the ground, changes the whole universe to the Ultimates universe, and the credits role. 

16 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Nah because the ult universe except for Spiderman stuff was pretty shitty.

Well, the MCU Avengers basically started life as the Ultimates, which was awesome.  Ultimate FF also started off really strong, and Ultimate X-Men had its moments.

I was half kidding about Deadpool, because I thought there was a chance that there would be some sort of reset like that.  They kind of want to shelve all the old superheroes and maybe start with younger folk.  At the same time, their Spider-Man, Black Panther,  Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, and Dr. Strange characters are either new or at least not long-in-the-tooth yet.  So they have to maintain some of these heroes and retire the rest.  That lends the story to a more conventional ending where the older heroes either die or actually retire.  Rather than some crazy multiverse thing.

Feige said in an interview that the future slate of films will be announced after Spidey comes out. Also he hinted at 2020 having only two films, BW and another unannounced film which will probably film shortly after being announced. all the Disney+ series will as suspected fill the gaps.

Not sure I will have the chance to see Cap Marvel tomorrow. Will likely have to wait until Wednesday but hopefully it has a strong opening weekend (to piss off the idiots).

I’m enjoying Pinar Toprak’s score a great deal. I wasn’t familiar with her work at all. 

Love the electronic loops woven in there. There’s a lot of synth work throughout the score. It’s great stuff.

Captain Marvel is a fun movie, the second half is much better then the first Half. It starts off slow. But the cast is all terrific all around and brings it together. The music as mentioned is great, tie ins to other MCU stuff is a nice touch, and stay for the mid credit scene (there is an end credit scene also). Bring on end game.

• Like 2

I agree the film starts slow. I enjoyed it, but for me it's near the bottom 3rd in MCU Movie ranking and it's far from a bad film.

Liked:

Sam Jackson/Fury

Kree/Skrull Stuff esp Talos

Soundtrack

Meh:

Brie Larson appears to over act at times, too many deer in the headlights moments, maybe that's what they were going for though.

Some emotional scenes lacked weight

Editing could have been better in spots

8 hours ago, NickC said:

I agree the film starts slow. I enjoyed it, but for me it's near the bottom 3rd in MCU Movie ranking and it's far from a bad film.

Liked:

Sam Jackson/Fury

Kree/Skrull Stuff esp Talos

Soundtrack

Meh:

Brie Larson appears to over act at times, too many deer in the headlights moments, maybe that's what they were going for though.

Some emotional scenes lacked weight

Editing could have been better in spots

Re: Larson, I agree. It got to the point where I was looking for a scene where she WASNT always clenching her fists. 

There’s something I’m not quite clear on but hopefully a second viewing will help me better understand.  

This is good to lower my expectations.  All of the impressions have been "positive" but no one is speaking enthusiastically about this movie.   Which makes me think the most exciting part of this movie will be the credits.  Which sounds like a funny slight, but my point is .... End Game baby!

I loved Black Panther in Civil War and thought he was 'meh' in the solo BP movie.  Guessing I'll feel the same here.  Carol Danvers will kill it in "End Game" even if this movie is mediocre.

Skipping this one until home release.  The trailers simply did not sell me enough to spend the $40+ to go to the theater.  Will wait for Avengers.

36 minutes ago, Jordan_E said:

Skipping this one until home release.  The trailers simply did not sell me enough to spend the $40+ to go to the theater.  Will wait for Avengers.

I will not allow you to watch End Game without seeing this movie first.  What theater/time are you planning to see End Game so I can stop you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foogledricks said:

I will not allow you to watch End Game without seeing this movie first.  What theater/time are you planning to see End Game so I can stop you.

I probably wouldn't go see CM for free!  Just looks... weak.

Kids had today off and we were heading to the store right next to the theater, so we ended up taking a detour to see CM.

I agree the movie is slower in the first half, better second, but we all did enjoy the movie.  Her power build up was fun. Ultimately, it'll be interesting to see her added to the greater franchise, it'll be fun to see how they balance things. I liked her, I think her character's personality will fit into the universe well as it's currently established. 

Spoiler

One minor gripe. How did that message at the end 'Captain Marvel will return in Endgame' not get chopped out in final editing?  It literally came after a scene connecting IW & EG.  My wife, who's just along for the ride with these Marvel movies, she turned and asked, "Why do they need to say that, they just showed us"?  Weird decision.

The only thing I know about Captain Marvel is she was the reason Rogue got her strength and flying ability. It'd be cool if they could work that into the new X-Men reboot. 

1 hour ago, JTello said:

Hide contents

One minor gripe. How did that message at the end 'Captain Marvel will return in Endgame' not get chopped out in final editing?  It literally came after a scene connecting IW & EG.  My wife, who's just along for the ride with these Marvel movies, she turned and asked, "Why do they need to say that, they just showed us"?  Weird decision.

I agree it’s weird but only if it came right after the mid-credit scene.  Usually, it’s after the credits end/second credit stinger.  We all know but I’d like to think those tags are for moviegoers jumping into the MCU with that particular film.  Especially young girls. 

I have friends who don’t care for superhero movies (Marvel or DC), saw Black Panther for the first time, loved it and were excited with the “Black Panther will return in Infinity War” tag.  Didn’t hurt IW opening weekend take either. ;)

On 3/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, Angry the Clown said:

I’m enjoying Pinar Toprak’s score a great deal. I wasn’t familiar with her work at all. 

Apparently worked with Hans Zimmer at his production company.  Been listening to the soundtrack all day at work today.  Great stuff but won’t expect a proper vinyl release that won’t be a picture disc.  

18 hours ago, NickC said:

Another thing i’ll say is that, while I enjoyed her in Free Fire and Room, i really was hoping Anna Torv or Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the role.  Anna is 10 years older but i don’t care.  :D

• Like 1