LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

21 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Keith the same thing happened with Black Panther. The same shit has started happening with a portion of comic and board gaming community as well.

Its sickening really that a group of white men are so taken aback that others can like the same things they do. 

There are three levels of people pissing me off:

1) I resent when movie critics, who aren't big fans, criticize infinity war for being deficient in ways that simply aren't true.  Anyone who has watched all the movies and knows all of the world building, character arcs, and story elements that have been stacked on top of each other to get to this point would not say what they're saying!   

2) In the same way, all of the people who aren't big fans of superhero movies, and who declared Black Panther to be the best Super Hero movie ever, I resent them too.  Joey never taught you to critique comicbook movies.  THAT'S WHY YOU'RE SO BAD AT IT

3) And then the ACTUAL comic book fans who are corrupted by their cultural bullshit.  They walk around like normal people.  They don't even know that they're dead.

I wish I could snap my fingers, and make them , disappear...  I'd call that, mercy.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Keith the same thing happened with Black Panther. The same shit has started happening with a portion of comic and board gaming community as well.

In gaming I can sadly understand how such ugly sentiments have been allowed to gestate over the years. “Gamer” feels like a dirty word having been dragged through the sewer by these tragic imbeciles. Despite their cries, the industry and games as a medium are at least becoming more varied and progressive, but it’s still early days.

How such toxicity can be born out of the comic book fan base however is baffling to me when you look at the very core nature of what so many of them, chiefly the Marvel universe, had to say about social and political movements throughout the decades. It’s similarly baffling how people cannot see the political undertones and historical allegories in Star Wars for example.  It’s an alarming insight into how dense some people are. 

4 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Only thing that threw me was randomly dropping a No Doubt tune into one of the action scenes. 

I don’t think that was random at all. The movie had been interjecting tunes from the era all throughout. And the song itself wasn’t random at all. My eyes rolled a bit at first but it fit the moment pretty well and I enjoyed that bit. 

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

I don’t think that was random at all. The movie had been interjecting tunes from the era all throughout. And the song itself wasn’t random at all. My eyes rolled a bit at first but it fit the moment pretty well and I enjoyed that bit. 

Not knocking the song choices throughout by any means,  but most were suitably used as source music, where as unless I missed it that one there was purely for the viewer’s benefit. Carol knocks someone into a jukebox during that scene and if the song had started as a result of that happening I think it would have clicked better for me. 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

In gaming I can sadly understand how such ugly sentiments have been allowed to gestate over the years. “Gamer” feels like a dirty word having been dragged through the sewer by these tragic imbeciles. Despite their cries, the industry and games as a medium are at least becoming more varied and progressive, but it’s still early days.

How such toxicity can be born out of the comic book fan base however is baffling to me when you look at the very core nature of what so many of them, chiefly the Marvel universe, had to say about social and political movements throughout the decades. It’s similarly baffling how people cannot see the political undertones and historical allegories in Star Wars for example.  It’s an alarming insight into how dense some people are. 

Exactly.

Also Shang Chi director has been chosen. https://www.newsarama.com/44293-shang-chi-directorial-frontrunner-emerges-report.html

I think that may be the other film for late 2019.

30 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I’ve never heard of that character. Interesting. I like the director’s work though. 

Master of Kung Foo. The character needs some updating for current times, but i used to read old issues all the time as a kid.

Does it feel like a character suited for an MCU movie or better suited to TV? Sounds like Marvel could be do some lower budget movies which would be interesting (again I'm assuming Black Widow would be low key, but that's just because I want it to be a female driven Bourne film :) ). 

Oh he can definitely be a good characer for films. Eventually he gained certain powers, which I am sure they will expand on in some way.

I do think BW and this will be lower budget films that are quicker to make for next year. Before having GoTG, dr Strange And Eternals in 2021. 2022 would expect Panther 2, and a few more new properties.  They have plenty on the board to use. 

3 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Screw you for posting it.  I'm not watching it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Screw you for your Leo GIF.  I'm not watching it.

tenor.gif?itemid=8414290

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

Screw you for posting it.  I'm not watching it.

Good call. You probably don't want to see that shot of Spider-Man cutting Thanos's head off with Stormbreaker. I can't believe that was the first shot of the trailer!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JFo said:

Good call. You probably don't want to see that shot of Spider-Man cutting Thanos's head off with Stormbreaker. I can't believe that was the first shot of the trailer!

Or the Black Widow strip tease!  

• Like 3

Not trying to be “Outraged of Chesham” but I’m not sure the trailer (and probably not to movie, spoilerphobes) so clearly aping Schindler’s List was entirely a good choice. 

Unless, of course, this is the world's most subtle way of saying that they've banked on the merger completing in a couple of weeks, and Magneto's showing up to save the day by wrenching the glove off Thanos's hand.

30 minutes ago, Jordan_E said:

Hmmmm... and no Dr. Strange.  

Wasn't he one of the victims of The Snap?

11 minutes ago, JFo said:

Wasn't he one of the victims of The Snap?

Yep - we've only got survivors on the poster.

Not a lot of smart people on that poster.  And I'm excluding Stark who is marooned and assumed dead until otherwise proven.  Banner is the only smart person playing for the good team.  That's not good.  I thought Vision was going to be reconstituted in this movie, but I no longer think that.  Can't wait to see the movie and find out who lived and died and who is going to play a role that is not in this poster.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

Not a lot of smart people on that poster. 

I'm just saying, if I were you, I would not go around proclaiming who is smart and who isn't. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Not a lot of smart people on that poster.  And I'm excluding Stark who is marooned and assumed dead until otherwise proven.  Banner is the only smart person playing for the good team.  That's not good.  I thought Vision was going to be reconstituted in this movie, but I no longer think that.  Can't wait to see the movie and find out who lived and died and who is going to play a role that is not in this poster.

I'm pretty sure Shuri is still around and is of equal if not moreso intellect than Banner or Stark thank you very much.

42 minutes ago, Romier S said:

I'm pretty sure Shuri is still around and is of equal if not moreso intellect than Banner or Stark thank you very much.

That bitch thinks the solution to everything is to switch it to work "collectively."  That girl's a hammer, and everything looks like a nail to her.

She is shown as "missing" in the trailer.   It is certainly possible that she survived and then for dramatic purposes quickly hid in a closet so that nobody would know.  

When the time machine isn't working, and all hope is lost, if Shuri pops out of the closet and says "Why don't you just reconfigure the Quantum particles to work collectively" I'm gonna lose it.

• Haha 1