LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

50 minutes ago, NickC said:

And when are those Endgame tickets going on sale.

No doubt.  Need to get those stat.

1 hour ago, NickC said:

New Far From Home International Posters

D2gjswAXQAEZmPy.jpg

D2gjugeWwAIvOSI.jpg

D2gjvR2X0AAIC0j.jpg

And when are those Endgame tickets going on sale.

Those are pretty awful. They look fan made.:/

Interesting that they mixed the fallen with those Avenging.  I would have though they would pick one or the other.  Not both.  I think they're trying to capitalize on Black Panther's popularity there.  There is a danger that all of the dusted characters are perceived to not be a part of this next movie.  That they will all just magically appear as if nothing has happened in the last 30 seconds of the film.  And if that's the case, BP fans can just stay home and wait for BP 2 to come out in 2-3 years.  Since obviously this will be the Ironman, Hulk, Rogers, Widow, Thor show and every else will just be playing cameos.

23 hours ago, NickC said:

And the Avengers Endgame run time is...

Image result for thor yes gif

Reportedly... 

I won't want this movie to end, so I appreciate the long running time.  Won't be drinking anything during this movie obviously.  Will kill my daughter if she asks me to go to the bathroom just as Hulk bends Thanos over for some prison paypack. 

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

In fairness, until I re-watched The Avengers recently so did I. 

She'll always be Robin to me.

What about these other characters:

1. Coulson
  2. Agent 13
  3. Ross
  4. Heimdall
  5. Jane Foster
  6. Betty Ross
  7. Professor Selvig
  8. Harley
  9. Hank Pym
  10. Janet Pym
  11. Ramonda
  12. Nakia
  13. M'Baku
  14. Eitri
  15. Talos
  16. Monica Rambeau

16 minutes ago, NickC said:

Latest rumor is tickets will go on sale April 2nd.

I looked the other day.  Wanting to get reserved seats instead of the typical free-for-all situation.  Unfortunately my favorite theater only offers reserved seating to adults.  So come super early to a THREE HOUR movie.  Or got to a less great theater that has reserved seating.  First world problems.

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Well keith, coulson is in Tahiti 😀

Forgot about that.  I know there is supposed to be time travel.  But I kinda hope there isn't.  On the one hand it would be cool to have some BTTF ridiculousness while the Avengers revisit my favorite Marvel movies from the last 15 years. But it could also be pretty stupid.  I don't believe the Russos will do anything stupid, so I'm not super worried.  I really don't know what the hell is going to happen in this movie.  Which makes this movie kinda like the Lost finale for me.

THR is reporting Angelina Jolie is in talks to be in The Eternals.

Hot Toys just released their Thanos Endgame figure pre-production shots. The version I was waiting for.

Spoiler

No photo description available.

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 1

End game toys, Pops and other Merch releases today. Already did orders for the main POP's and three of the store exclusives. The other exclusives are not up for order or in store yet. If you collect pops it really pays to be a rewards member like Box Lunch and Hot topic. You can also get money back via ebates, and you get the Hot Cash 50% for the next Hot cash sales. Saves nice $$.

Showtimes are up on Fandango, Fan Event starts at 5PM, normal shows 6PM, almost there.

Showtimes have been up since Friday. Why they put them up so early makes no sense at all. Every other time they put them up is the day they go on sale.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, Angry the Clown said:

Not knocking the song choices throughout by any means,  but most were suitably used as source music, where as unless I missed it that one there was purely for the viewer’s benefit. Carol knocks someone into a jukebox during that scene and if the song had started as a result of that happening I think it would have clicked better for me. 

I finally got around to watching Captain Marvel yesterday. I enjoyed it. It's definitely not in my top 7 but I'd put it somewhere in the group after that. I really liked seeing Fury do stuff other than just stand there (like he does in most of the other movies) and Brie Larson was great as both Carol and Captain Marvel.

I think the thing I liked least about the movie was the use of '90s music. The song choices were good but it almost always felt clumsy in how they were cut in like they were desperately trying to shoehorn in music of that era. I don't think the way they used the music enhanced any of the scenes like music should. The Guardians of the Galaxy movies and Thor: Ragnarok used music so much more effectively.

4 minutes ago, NickC said:
New Footage

Reveal hidden contents

I'll tell you what...

Spoiler

a piece of fucking dust flew into my eye when Tony and Steve shook hands...

• Haha 1