LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

Crap, I wanted to see the movie on Friday night, but the good seats are already sold out.  Ended up doing Sunday at 10am.  Gonna kill me to see you all giving impressions of the movie 2-3 days before I can see it.  At the same time, it will build my excitement as well.

14 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Jesus. How long is this movie? 

3 Hours 2 Mins

• Epic Post 1

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Jesus. How long is this movie? 

Strategically placed for quickest run to bathroom :)

• Like 1

They are going to have to add more showings around here like they did last time. They had 3am and 6am showings at some places.

33 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Strategically placed for quickest run to bathroom :)

Yeah, I think my wife said they only had aisle seats left.  So whatever.  7 on Friday night.

• Like 1

Thursday 9pm tickets ordered. My wife and I will likely see it again on Saturday during the afternoon as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Private screening.  Uh, are you actually RDJ or something.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

There seem to be screenings every 45 minutes at one of my usual multiplex venues. That’s obscene. No shortage of tickets though. 

At the good local theaters its mostly sold out the entire weekend except a few front row seats here and there.

Yep the news came out this afternoon. I expect a lot more news for Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals over the next few months. Production needs to start on all of them soon. Widow and Shan Chi being films that could be filmed a lot quicker with not as much CG for next year.

• Like 1

Just saw a article about cinema con that word behind the scenes is the two films for next year will be Widow and Doctor Strange 2.  News will be released shortly after end game is released.

• Like 1

Widow is going to be a high-risk movie.  Guessing no superpowered people.  No Stark.  No Captain America.  And if it is an origin movie, then it won't even have the Black Widow we know and love.  It will be some younger actress.  She has been an awesome as a supporting character.  And with the right script, it certainly could be a good movie, like any good script can render a good movie.  But I don't think Widow will carry with it the Marvel/Superhero mojo necessary to make it a big success.  It is just missing too many pieces. I almost think it should be a series on the Disney streaming instead of a 2 hour movie.

I don’t think it needs to be significantly high risk at all. If anything it could perhaps herald an era of some lower risk Marvel films. Just make it a Bourne style espionage action thriller with Johansson. Please God not an origin story.

If they did want to throw a super in there they could use Banner given his bond with Black Widow, but the only issue there is it runs risk of taking away focus from her.

• Like 2

I guess by "risky" I don't mean conventionally that it will lose money.  More that it might be overlooked by the masses.  That its Marvel-alllure that draws both children and adults to see these things might be subdued by a myriad of factors.  I thought Ant-Man 2 kinda sucked.  But it benefited from the Marvel-allure in a way that I think this movie might not.

Marvel has taken many risks, a Black Widow movie is not one of them. At this point its hard to overlook any marvel films. GoTg, BP and Capt Marvel have all done way above what people expected. 

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Marvel has taken many risks, a Black Widow movie is not one of them. At this point its hard to overlook any marvel films. GoTg, BP and Capt Marvel have all done way above what people expected. 

I agree.  The only movies I thought would do well were Hulk and Spiderman.  Captain America is a square.  Thor is ridiculous.  Who the hell is Captain Marvel.  Ant-Man, really?  ANT MAN???  I had never heard of friggin Iron Man either.  Black Panther?  Guardians of the What?

So yeah, I won't underestimate them . Except, I will.