LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Time for IW pt 2 reshoots

Did they shoot both movies at the same time?  If so, don't they have a comfortable amount of time for reshoots, editing, etc... much more so than the first movie?  If they do, that gives me a lot of confidence that they'll hit this one out of the park.  Given what they did with IW, I am on the edge of my seat here.

9 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

They did shoot both at the same time. Plenty of time for editing and reshoots for pt2

Right, so the first movie was really tight.  Well-paced.  I have really high expectations for the next one given all the extra time they have to rethink and reshoot and tweak.  I would be shocked if they screw it up.

16 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Right, so the first movie was really tight.  Well-paced.  I have really high expectations for the next one given all the extra time they have to rethink and reshoot and tweak.  I would be shocked if they screw it up.

By now, I know how you're brain operates Keith. It's time to pour some cold water on your expectations or your setting yourself up for (at least mild) disappointment.

Joey, help, we need some ice water stat! We need some doubt or concerns.

Keith, your job is to resist fighting whatever fear gets tossed out. No defending. Take it super serious, go to that dark and depressed place in your brain, like how you felt when your first pet died, or when you couldn't 'get it up', the first time, with your wife.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTello said:

By now, I know how you're brain operates Keith. It's time to pour some cold water on your expectations or your setting yourself up for (at least mild) disappointment.

Joey, help, we need some ice water stat! We need some doubt or concerns.

Keith, your job is to resist fighting whatever fear gets tossed out. No defending. Take it super serious, go to that dark and depressed place in your brain, like how you felt when your first pet died, or when you couldn't 'get it up', the first time, with your wife.

I really have no doubt or concerns when the Russos are involved. There are a bunch of things I expect to happen, there are other things I hope happen. Looking forward to Next years films. 

I’ll try and seed some doubt....

When filmmakers are given a near limitless budget, complete control and/or lots of time, it’s inevitable something won’t be as good. Artists need some constraints and adversity..... unless they have a good producer.....

Damn, I failed. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

I’ll try and seed some doubt....

When filmmakers are given a near limitless budget, complete control and/or lots of time, it’s inevitable something won’t be as good. Artists need some constraints and adversity..... unless they have a good producer.....

Damn, I failed. 

The way things are going, the only way they could screw this movie up, is if they let Zack Snyder edit.  Or if they do something idiotic like undo all the deaths with some bullshit time travel nonsense.

20 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

The way things are going, the only way they could screw this movie up, is if they let Zack Snyder edit.  Or if they do something idiotic like undo all the deaths with some bullshit time travel nonsense.

Well that is probably going to happen in some way, so get ready for it

Joey, I am 100% with you, but you are not helping. Keith wants to love IF2. Whenever he gets this excited for stuff he screws himself over. He sets himself for failure. No matter how good the movie is, he'll be inexplicably underwhelmed. He is a flawed human in many ways, and this is one of his flaws. We good friends must concoct bullshit we don't even believe ourselves,... to help our friend in need. 

IF2 is going to be fucking awesome, we all know it. It can't fail to entertain us. But we need to break out the shit shovels. 

Graeme, your half hearted effort is noted and appreciated. You get a Silver BS star! 😉👍

• Haha 1

Lol joel I am more excited then anyone, so how am I going to stop Keith from getting excited 😆 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Lol joel I am more excited then anyone, so how am I going to stop Keith from getting excited 😆 

Show me a photo of Joel's bare ass.

30 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Show me a photo of Joel's bare ass.

That is a personal matter for you two to work out.

Joey, I'd like your take on this.  I think I mentioned this before but I don't think anyone commented.

It is questionable that Thor's new hammer, the big brother to his previous hammer that was shattered by his sister's fingers, could withstand the full power of all 6 infinity stones.  And yet, it did.  And nearly killed Thanos.

Fine, Thor's hammer is the most powerful thing in the universe, even more powerful than infinity stones.  I don't understand that, but I'll concede it.

What I will not concede is that Groot's decaying arm, that has been shown to be easily destructible on many occasions, is somehow impervious to the full force of all 6 infinity stones.  Of course, one could surmise that the handle of the ax inherits the magical invincibility of the rest of the magical invincible hammer.  And now I'm getting into territory from Age of Ultron where they're all making jokes about when an elevator is worthy.  I know. 

But still, so much in the MCU is about the rock/paper/scissors of characters and weapons and elements that are stronger than one another, especially in this last movie where we are supposed to believe that Thanos is the ultimate character, stronger than everyone, and that the gauntlet is the ultimate weapon...bah.  It was cute that Groot provided the handle.  But I thought it was a bit of a reach.  "Where is the handle?"  Where was the handle btw?  And what substance was it supposed to be made off.  Why not make the handle out of the same invincible substance?  Maybe it was.  But certainly it shouldn't be made of decaying alien flesh that can be cut with the swing of a sword, the concussion of a crash, or the arm strength of a Titan.

Just now, NickC said:

Looks like the Captain Marvel teaser will drop today at noon ET.

I've read a lot of comics over the last few years.  But I haven't read a lot of comics that make me excited about this character.  Perhaps someone can recommend some specific comics.  But my point is, despite this, I am super excited about this movie.  The Infinity War credits just got me excited for the next piece to the Avengers puzzle.  I'm sure that connection will simply be yet another end credits sequence stringing me along until infinity war.  But it is going to be awesome, no doubt.

This is what I envision. Danvers shows up at xandar, and observes the destruction.  What the hell happened here.  Maybe she visits all the other places that Thanos destroyed, maybe not.  Maybe she watches  the remainder of Xandar residents disappearing when she receives her page from Fury.  She bolts into space toward Earth.  The end.  Now Infinity War is teed up.

Well that's disappointing.  But maybe I should stay away from all of this shit.  I hate spoilers.  IW has left me so anxious, it is hard not to gobble of this stuff up.