LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Magness

Movie & TV Streaming/Digital Download Discussion Thread (iTunes, VUDU...etc)

6 hours ago, JoeyN said:

That was quick. Game Night $9.99 on iTunes. Also a bunch of other titles.

That movie was bad.  My wife bought it at $15 and immediately regretted her decision.

Forgot to post this yesterday but, iTunes Store has another weekly sale on some good 4K releases for $9.99 or less including Labrynth, Star Trek (JJ Abraham’s), etc. if you go up to $14.99 or $19.99 there’s even more this week.

Theres also a separate deal for the Google Play store for Movies Anywhere to purchase certain films and get Sherlock (RDJ version) free.

Not sure it was mentioned, but did Apple anything about Atmos other than the TV OS update? I am curious if current movies will get their Atmos soundtracks. I would like to be able to limit my physical purchases to Disney only since they are cocks about their 4K streaming content.

Yeah current films in your library will be updated with Atmos like they were updated for 4k.

Disney have streaming 4K on Vudu, they just don’t like Apple with the free upgrades, and same price as regular HD.  Eventually it will change.

• Like 1

Like the Fandango "go see a movie, get rewarded" program.  Spent my $6 toward getting Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle UHD.  Wife and daughter really liked it, and it ended up costing me only $3.  

Bought & watched Isle of Dogs on Fandango Now last night. Looked and sounded great. I loved the movie, too. Meant to catch it in the theater, so the 4K price didn't bother me.

Die Hard finally has HDR on iTunes now. 

I have have the latest beta for TVOS and it has atmos support.

Many titles on Vudu have Atmos. Do not think it has Dolby atmos hesdphone yet. Will need to investigate.

• Like 1

I do not know if it is a beta update or a release for everyone, but some Atmos titles are now showing in iTunes. None for Disney stuff of course.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:45 PM, Josh said:

Bought & watched Isle of Dogs on Fandango Now last night. Looked and sounded great. I loved the movie, too. Meant to catch it in the theater, so the 4K price didn't bother me.

I didn't love it, sadly. I DID love seeing all the sets and models on display in London prior to its release. They're exquisite, but the film itself left me wanting. I'm glad it's in 4k on iTunes though since Fox opted not to do a disc, which is surprising given how they're happy to put many new releases that did not perform well at the box offices, smaller dramas and comedies, on UHD disc, but not this one. It did make me wonder if it could end up being one of Criterion's first UHD's whenever the inevitable Criterion release should surface. 

On 8/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, Angry the Clown said:

I didn't love it, sadly. 

It's an odd one for sure, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Wes Anderson. Dare I ask why? :D

1 minute ago, Josh said:

It's an odd one for sure, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Wes Anderson. Dare I ask why? :D

I didn't find it odd. Well, OK it is odd but it's Anderson oddness and whimsy, and I love his films for the most part, but I almost want to say that this one kind of meandered into self parody. I've been struggling to put my finger on precisely what it is that left me cold for months whenever I think about the movie.

I blame that seven year old Fantastic Mr Starfox spoof. :) 

• Like 1

Watched all 8 episodes of JACK RYAN on Prime in 4K.  Looked good.  I know you can get Atmos with certain setups, but just watched in the bedroom, with no Atmos setup.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jordan_E said:

Good to know.  But how long will it be until S2?  

I don’t know, it was renewed months ago , so it should be next year.

• Like 1