LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Tetris Effect [PS4/PS VR] from Tetsuya Mizuguchi/Enhance - November 9th, 2018 Release Date

4 minutes ago, NickC said:

So.. Tetris with lighting effects?

Correction. Tetris with Mizuguchi lighting effects! (and responsive environments)

Hook it to my veins, please. 

• Like 3

Well, that’s the soundtrack sold to me, even if I’m only cautiously optimistic about the game. 

42 minutes ago, NickC said:

So.. Tetris with lighting effects?

Never played a Mizuguchi game, huh? ;)

Sold!

Based on how balls out amazing Rez Infinite is in VR (Area X  in particular), this should be equally insane.

Speaking of which, when he's done with this he can get right to work on Rez 2. Yep, sure can.

• Like 3

The least interesting aspect of this trailer is Tetris. Everything is so wonderful, then, Tetris, again. They got my attention at least. 

56 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Correction. Tetris with Mizuguchi lighting effects! (and responsive environments)

19 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Never played a Mizuguchi game, huh? ;)

You got me like

Image result for who? gif

• Haha 2

Tetsuya Mizuguchi - creator of Rez, Child of Eden and the Lumines series.

His games are generally a synthesis of trippy lighting/visuals that harmonize with the games music and gameplay to create experiences that can be challenging, relaxing, harmonious and more importantly memorable. 

If you have never played Rez or any of the above, I'd highly recommend them. Rez Infinite in particular.:)

7 minutes ago, NickC said:

Thanks, I've heard of Rez Infinite, but never played it, I'm oblivious to most creators.

Give Lumines a whirl later this month. It's one of my favourite puzzle games. 

• Like 1

I wonder if this will appear on other platforms next year. Miz is very hyped about Lumines on Switch due to the HD Rumble so it would be nice to see this make it over eventually. 

For those who have not visited the official website:

Named after a real-world phenomenon where players’ brains are so engrossed that images of the iconic falling Tetrimino blocks (i.e. the Tetris playing pieces) linger in their vision, thoughts, and even dreams, TETRIS® EFFECT amplifies this magical feeling of total immersion by surrounding you with fantastic, fully three-dimensional worlds that react and evolve based on how you play. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing.

From deep beneath the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space and everywhere between, TETRIS® EFFECT’s 30-plus stages take players on a wondrous, emotional journey through the universe. The core of the game is still Tetris—one of the most popular puzzle games of all time—but like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before.

• Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
  • Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
  • Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
  • A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
  • Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.

Though, obviously, the website only mentions PS4 and PSVR, there's a distinct lack of the word "exclusive" anywhere on the site, so it does make me wonder if this is to be a timed exclusive for 2018.

I’m not sure how the game will turn out, but I do like the song from the teaser.

On 6/6/2018 at 1:04 PM, Angry the Clown said:

I wonder if this will appear on other platforms next year. Miz is very hyped about Lumines on Switch due to the HD Rumble so it would be nice to see this make it over eventually. 

As a VR game, I hope it makes it to PC, and ideally Gear VR, since I own one, and would very much like to play this.  Looks very much like a Lumines/Tetris hybrid. 

A grown man should not get anywhere near as excited as I was to see him accomplish what he did in VR but here we are and that indeed fantastic. The game looks so damned good.

Having just played Thumper on PSVR and loving the feeling of being immersed by the lights sounds and colours of that vs just watching on a screen, I’m excited about the prospect for a similar feeling while playing Tetris. 

In 2018, a Tetris game needn't be one of my most anticipated titles but it be.

This is going to be incredible in VR, isn't it?

Damn!

• Like 2