LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Fallout 76 Trailer

The new no-clip "behind the scenes" reveals a *bunch* more detail about the game, the history behind it & the team. 

• Like 1

Watched it earlier. The conference demo and that documentary have me super hyped to play this. Impressive considering I checked out on it once it was revealed to be an online game.

6 hours ago, Romier S said:

Watched it earlier. The conference demo and that documentary have me super hyped to play this. Impressive considering I checked out on it once it was revealed to be an online game.

There's a *lot* of detail in this doc to chew over, and it appears to have helped a bunch of people get more interested in the game. Very well done doc.

• Like 1

I'm in for this. I just need to decide which version I get depending on what you folks are doing and who's going to be playing.

About +300 hours of hands-on footage and tons of hands-on impressions from lots of youtubers + press sites up today across the interwebs. 

This vid has lots of good "how things actually work" that answers a lot of questions people have had about the game & its systems:

Hardcore Gamer impressions:

After only three hours of gameplay, I couldn’t put down the controller. There was a sense of wonder and adventure that I’ve never seen before, and adding multiplayer only adds a whole new level of enjoyment. There was obvious worry about the multiplayer aspect and how players could go around trolling others, but that was put to rest. Each server can only handle 24 players, and considering the map is gigantic, there’s little chance of encountering hostile enemies, and even if you do, the system ensures the assailant is punished more than anyone else. This is entirely a Fallout game just with cooperative play and an even stronger emphasis on survival sustenance. With only a few hours with the game, we couldn’t grasp how well the story will flesh out, especially considering it seems like most of it is told through holotapes, but we’re brimming with excitement to traverse the surprisingly beautiful wastelands of West Virginia once more when Fallout 76 hits PC, Xbox One and PlayStation on November 14.

• Like 2

Good hands-on from PC Gamer:

Chris: I was pretty skeptical going in, but fans of the traditional singleplayer Fallout games don't need to worry. Fallout 76 still feels like a Fallout game, to the degree that even though we were at an event sitting in a roomful of other people all playing on the same server with us, I would routinely forget it wasn't a singleplayer game. I'd open my Pip-Boy or skill cards and just kind of take a leisurely browse through them, and then I'd see a damage indicator because some ghoul had run up and starting clawing my face apart. And it's like, oh yeah: the world isn't put on pause when I'm looking through a menu. It's easy to forget that, because 76 feels a lot like Fallout 4.

Austin: Not 30 minutes after I exited Vault 76, I was stealthing my way through a rundown house looking for garbage to tape to my gun. I was rationing stimpaks, listening for ghouls, and constantly sifting through my favorited items looking for something with ammo. That's Fallout to me, and that's how Fallout 76 felt. In many ways, it really is Fallout 4: Again. The crafting, shooting and building are virtually identical, which I'm fine with. The world feels new and there are plenty of things to do in it, which is all I was really hoping for. To be honest, I didn't even notice the lack of story NPCs. I picked up so many quests just by examining things and discovering areas that I was never short on things to do.

Washington Post:

My teammates were engaged in a high-pitched battle between super mutants, ghouls and other new irradiated creatures in the West Virginia wasteland, the setting of “Fallout 76,” set to be released Nov. 14. I decided to run away, not out of cowardice, mind you, but out of curiosity.

And sure enough: There was the 25-ton blast door leading to this secret bunker. I had just walked through the doors in real life (thanks to the tour provided by the Greenbrier staff), but this time, in the game, I was alone. This was my adventure and no one else’s.

Or so I thought. As I walked through, there was, in fact, another living soul on the property — Larry Hryb, famously known as Major Nelson, the face of Microsoft’s Xbox Live service and its director of programming. Turns out, Hyrb and I were the only players in the group who decided to seek out the bunker. It was a solitary experience, shared between the two of us.

My three hours with “Fallout 76” were punctuated by many moments like this. One minute we’re running across the vast West Virginia hillsides fending off robots and bugs, and the next, I could be completely alone, foraging for my supplies and food stash. Sometimes I’d be inclined to share. Most of the time I wasn’t

• Like 1

Last post - Xbox / Major Nelson + interview with Pete Hines & good article.

n many ways, the mission and quest structures in Fallout 76 are similar to those in the series’ other games: You’ll get a quest, take down enemies or find items, and get rewarded. One major change to this formula comes in the form of live events, which pop up from time to time and often require a group effort to complete. And it often won’t just be your group, as others on the server will get the notification that something’s going down. In one, my team and a number of others near us took down some rampaging bots, battling our way to a terminal to reprogram them to not target humans. It’s a fun way to keep the action fresh, and might even result in you making some new friends.

I wasn’t totally sure what to expect from

Fallout 76, but after playing for a few hours, I absolutely can’t wait to play for several hundred more when the game launches on November 14. And I’ll actually get my chance sooner rather than later, since anyone who pre-orders the game on Xbox One will get exclusive early access to the B.E.T.A. that starts on 10/23, with all progress from the beta carrying over to the full release a few weeks later. Finally, I’m also happy to share that Fallout 76 on Xbox One includes 500 Atoms, which allows you to purchase cosmetic in-game items and outfits

• Like 1

I picked up my BB pre-order on lunch.  Now I need to go home and put the Insider Hub on my Xbox and redeem the pre-order code, then hope for the invite.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dogbert said:

Start downloading now, don't wait until Saturday. It's big.

Done downloading.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

Okay, I got Insider Hub on the Xbox and registered my pre--order code.  Now I stare at my email box for the next 36 hours or so....  Brian.  :lawl

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Whooter said:

Okay, I got Insider Hub on the Xbox and registered my pre--order code.  Now I stare at my email box for the next 36 hours or so....  Brian.  :lawl

Double check your bethesda.net account. From the FAQ:

If you pre-ordered Fallout 76 digitally on Xbox One:

Download the Xbox Insider Hub App from the Store
Launch the Xbox Insider Hub and look for "Fallout 76 Stress Test" under the Insider Content tab. If you see it, you can participate!
Click "Join", accept the terms of use, and you'll be brought to the Store to install the game.
If you pre-ordered the physical version of Fallout 76 on Xbox One:

Log in to Bethesda.net account to see if you received a token to redeem on your Xbox.
If you are selected for the Stress Test, you will be able to retrieve your Xbox One code from the Transaction History section of the Bethesda.net account menu.
Once you have a code, use it to download Fallout 76 from the Xbox Store on your Xbox One. Note: Those with physical pre-orders do not need the Xbox Insiders app to be able to download Fallout 76 from the Xbox Store.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, Brian.

Unfortunately, I only show the Beta in my Transaction History in Bethesda.net. Nothing about the Stress Test. Maybe I got in too late. 

Ah well. If it’s only 2-6pm Pacific tomorrow, I would only have about 90 minutes to play after I got home from work.