LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Fallout 76 Trailer

If you have a preorder code registered with bethesda.net, you should be good but this stuff can be difficult at times with multiple platforms, accounts, entitlements etc involved. 

😕 

Have you checked the insider app on the xbox?

1 hour ago, dogbert said:

If you have a preorder code registered with bethesda.net, you should be good but this stuff can be difficult at times with multiple platforms, accounts, entitlements etc involved. 

😕 

Have you checked the insider app on the xbox?

This is all I see on my Bethesda.net account. 

Nothing shows up under Insider Content on the Xbox Insider app, either. 

I probably missed a deadline or something to be included in the stress test. It’s all good. 

BE9FFDFC-F980-4C00-8BDF-E049060325A6.png

So, I've never played any Fallout games before.  However, I had a blast with this.  Too bad nothing carries over.  Can't wait for the Beta.

• Like 2

lol, I just got confirmation from Bethesda about being registered for B.E.T.A., so I'm guessing that's why I never got into the Stress Test.  Must be running a little behind with those, hopefully because millions have pre-ordered!  :D

So, yeah, this is a thing. Expect to see it a bunch if you watch live TV, apparently. 

Ignore the Beach Boys, this is still the *real* soundtrack. I don't consider a play session complete until I hear this play over Appalachia Radio. It genuinely puts a smile on my face every time I hear it in-game, and with how radios work, I expect other players are having the same reaction at that moment. 

Managed to play on the 27th but missed the 28th.  The stress test helped as I knew where things were already so I was able to get to the waypoints rather quickly.  Too many great games coming out.

Hey Brian @dogbert,

I’ve seen the spec requirements, but do you have any thoughts on how this might run on a 2.4 GHz Phenom 2, 660 TI, and 8GB RAM?

Thats pretty much my buddy’s PC and we are thinking he might not be able to run the game. 

So I guess I'm not trying this tonight.  It never preloaded on the Bethesda Launcher, though I could have sworn it said it was preloaded the other day when I looked.  

26 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

So I guess I'm not trying this tonight.  It never preloaded on the Bethesda Launcher, though I could have sworn it said it was preloaded the other day when I looked.  

Launcher bug. You're not alone, a lot of people hit that tonight :(

I'll ping people about your friend's spec, I genuinely have no clue.

• Like 1

I couldn't stop laughing at this tonight, so I'm sharing it here.  If you saw it on one of my other social media feeds, I apologize for the repeat...

FO76.png

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Hey Brian @dogbert,

I’ve seen the spec requirements, but do you have any thoughts on how this might run on a 2.4 GHz Phenom 2, 660 TI, and 8GB RAM?

Thats pretty much my buddy’s PC and we are thinking he might not be able to run the game. 

It'll run, but settings will default to low, will be hitchy & will be lucky to hit 30fps reliably. That GPU is very terrible.

2 minutes ago, dogbert said:

It'll run, but settings will default to low, will be hitchy & will be lucky to hit 30fps reliably. That GPU is very terrible.

I'll let him know.  He has the beta downloaded to give him an idea.  

• Like 1

Trying it is absolutely the right idea. I know there's already config guides from smart people floating around on how to turn off things like depth of field through the ini file, which might help too. 

5 hours ago, dogbert said:

You're going to steal them from some poor dead guy's dropped lootbag? :P

I actually dropped that.  I was just picking up everything willy-nilly to see how quickly I could get encumbered.

The question is: I wonder if I could booby-trap myself by standing around with a thousand pounds of garbage on my person and wait for someone to come "murder" me and pick that up, instantly becoming encumbered and vulnerable to any bounty hunters...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Beta hours for tomorrow have been extended and now run from 2-11pm EST.  So I should be able to get in on that day now.  

Looking forward to getting some more time in.  I had two hours to spend last night and used up 1:15 creating my character and wandering around Vault 76.  lol  

I got as far as finding the Overseer's C.A.M.P. and following her trail from there.  The barbells came from the motel down the road...

You can edit your face/character at any time from the paper map menu & anything you should have received in the vault but didn't pick up, you get gifted when you come out. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's long session. I've been exploring way south in the mining area, getting clues & items for the Mistress of Mayhem through Lewisburg, after earning my Firebreathers membership, and I just came across the origins of some mining extractor armour that's too high level for me, but getting me a bunch of good stuff in the process - black titanium??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dogbert said:

You can edit your face/character at any time from the paper map menu & anything you should have received in the vault but didn't pick up, you get gifted when you come out. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's long session. I've been exploring way south in the mining area, getting clues & items for the Mistress of Mayhem through Lewisburg, after earning my Firebreathers membership, and I just came across the origins of some mining extractor armour that's too high level for me, but getting me a bunch of good stuff in the process - black titanium??

Oh, well NOW you tell me. 😛

I wanted very badly to call in sick today to play as much as possible, but I’m likely going to have to settle for the last couple of hours.