LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Fallout 76 Trailer

Are we for sure done with any more B.E.T.A. sessions?  What should I do with whatever I have installed on the Xbox, now?  Safe to delete?

FYI, I'm adoring the game.  Don't have nearly the amount of time to spend on it that I want.

I know it seems very polarizing, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Good job, Brian!  

• Like 1

I read reviews and decided it’s probably not my cup of tea- so I returned the shrink wrapped Xbox copy to amazon.

maybe once it’s on sale :)

• Sad 1

Got hit the by the C.A.M.P. "bug" this morning.  Didn't know that if you logged in and you were setup on the same spot as another person that your base would "disappear."  lol

I was quite confused.  I guess I shouldn't have set up camp near Miguel and Mr. Fluffy.  Anyway, I found a more remote spot, so hopefully that won't happen again soon.  

"Feature", not a bug. Everything you had built should be in the stored category & can be slapped down easily.

• Like 2

I played some yesterday. It was not a pretty sight. In the afternoon it wasn’t a problem. But when I got back on in the evening I could only get the game to load one time. Every other time the game crashed, one of those times required a hard boot for the computer. I thought it was a conflict with Discord since that was crashing at the same time every time. But we ran without Discord on my final try and the game still crashed as soon as I tried fast travel to my buddy. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:13 PM, dogbert said:

"Feature", not a bug. Everything you had built should be in the stored category & can be slapped down easily.

Only part of it was, a couple of floor pieces with crafting stations built on them.  Other items, cooking station, generator, lights and stuff had to be rebuilt from scratch.  Not a big deal.

I may give it a try far down the road when the game is in a better state. For now given the feedback I've read and what I've seen - I have no interest in paying money for this.

I completely uninstalled the game, deleted the folder it was installed in, then made a new folder and downloaded the game again. Today I was able to play for about 45 minutes before being disconnected from the server. But the game didn’t crash.  It has even crashed Chrome a couple times and was crashing Discord every time 76 went down too. The real test for me will be later tonight as my buddy, with the old ass PC, wants to play a bunch.  FYI, aside from having the game set to low, he has had no issues with the game. Which is silly because he doesn’t meet min specs at all and I have better than the recommended. 

There is something going on around Morgantown airport.  I was in that area when my troubles began.  After I got out of that area tonight we played for a couple of hours without too much problem.  But as we wound our way back around to there the game crashed as soon as we entered the area near the building. Without fail as soon as I go under that catwalk it starts to chop up and crashes right after.  

Tried loading up 3 times tonight and it crashed every time the game finished loading.  I didn't even get a chance to look around.  It looks like I'm near Poseidon Power plant, but I'm not certain.  

Christ......

Thankfully these assholes were banned from the game for life.  Now if only we could ban them from real life society.

• Like 1

Still enjoying the hell out of this, playing almost every day for at least a little while.

Got hit by a nasty bug last night that made me very frowny, though.  Doing the "Feed the People" quest, I was dumping ingredients into the hopper and suddenly while I was mashing the button, my left leg armor appeared in the transaction window and I dropped it into the hopper, never to be seen again.  :(  It was a good piece, too.  I see on the interwebs this has been a problem for awhile, I wonder if it'll get patched...  My left leg is naked.  :D

• Sad 1

I saw the console versions were going to be down today for maintenance.  Rolling out the patch that PC users got on Tuesday?

I love the option of picking a different World if you log into one that has a CAMP overlapping yours.  I had a stretch where I had to move 3 times in two days.  :D  Fortunately I found a place that's better secluded because I haven't had to move in over a week.