LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced at PS Conference

I've been wanting this game for a while.  I was even looking for a bootleg of the original to play, without luck.  I don't want to wait until January.

Deluxe version details:

Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme

Play on 01/25/2019 12am Eastern Time

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

It turns out this is the E3 announcement that has me most excited. I was expecting a remake with a modest number of new things, like REmake, but this is a complete overhaul. RE2 is a mighty fine game, so I hope the new stuff complements, rather than supplants, the core experience of the original.

That from is wonderful. Confirmed it’s the RE7 engine. Though it was obvious once the menu popped since it’s identical.

The story at the start about Huber sitting down to play it (RE2 is his favourite game of all time) is great. :lawl

Also, "LOOK at the DETAIL in the INTESTINES!" 

• Haha 1

It took me a few minutes to realize they were saying “licker” 😛 instead of “liquor.” 🥃

Normally my tolerance for loud people is extremely low but I have a lot of love and time for Huber. I don't think I know of someone who's as consistently enthusiastic and optimistic about games as he is. It's rather sweet. All the other Easy Allies personalities balance so well around him too.

Resident Evil 2 hype as got me diving into RE Remake on the PS4 as I've had it sitting there for an age. Fun to dive back into it. I'm doing a run through with Jill to familiarise myself with it all again and then will do one with Chris, although I may leave a run with Chris until January as we get close to RE2. After my Jill play through I need to focus on finishing Beginning Hour and then finally playing RE7 which has embarrassingly sat on my hard drive for six months.  

• Like 2

I also need to get back to RE7.  Haven’t played since that first moment as I was descending the stairs to the basement.  You all know which.  O_O

I’m due my fourth replay of 7.

I need to finish my current revisit of Legacy of Kain Blood Omen on the PSX and the I have Fallout 4 keyed up. It’s gonna be awhile,:)

RE2 was my first RE game and I loved it.  Though I remember loving Code Veronica even more.  And then RE4 even more!  But I haven't enjoyed an RE game in a long time.  This game has peaked my interest.

The more I see of this, the more I’m excited for it. I may even make this a Day One purchase.

On 6/29/2018 at 8:32 AM, foogledricks said:

RE2 was my first RE game and I loved it.  Though I remember loving Code Veronica even more.  And then RE4 even more!  But I haven't enjoyed an RE game in a long time.  This game has peaked my interest.

Code Veronica was my first exposure to the  Resident Evil franchise, because I never had a Playstation. But I did get a Dreamcast.

Then Resident Evil remake on the gamecube then Resident Evil 4.

I've never played RE2

I started with the REmake on GameCube. Loved it. From there, I I went and purchased all the other games in the series up to that point. And yes, that means I bought them all the over-priced editions that came out on the GameCube in the early 2000s.

Aside from REmake and RE4, I've only ever played each game in the series once. This remake has me interested in going back to RE2 at the very least so that I can see how big of a change the RE(2)make is.

I've seriously thought about going back and buying a lot of these for my PC since there's a Steam sale going on.

23 hours ago, JFo said:

This remake has me interested in going back to RE2 at the very least so that I can see how big of a change the RE(2)make is.

And right on queue, all of the PS1-era Resident Evil games are on sale this week on PSN as part of the Mid-Year Sale. Each game is available for $2.99.

48 minutes ago, JFo said:

And right on queue, all of the PS1-era Resident Evil games are on sale this week on PSN as part of the Mid-Year Sale. Each game is available for $2.99.

It would be nice if they made those playable on PS4.  Alas, I can't say I feel like playing that game on the vita.  I gave my PS3 to my cousin when his died.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, Eldorado said:

It would be nice if they made those playable on PS4.  Alas, I can't say I feel like playing that game on the vita.  I gave my PS3 to my cousin when his died.

I concur. I did pull out my PS Vita last weekend to do a regular update and charge for it. I could very easily install it there, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.