LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Resident Evil 2 Remake Announced at PS Conference

Go out and buy a fat model PS2 (which can be had from a variety of sources for $20-30) and hook that sumbitch up via component cables (which are also cheap) and play the original releases at their proper 240p resolutions in all of their glory? :crazy:

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

Go out and buy a fat model PS2 (which can be had from a variety of sources for $20-30) and hook that sumbitch up via component cables (which are also cheap) and play the original releases at their proper 240p resolutions in all of their glory? :crazy:

Component cables? That sounds like a lot of work. :bird

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Component cables? That sounds like a lot of work. :bird

Just be glad this isn't Gamecube we're talking about...

3 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Just be glad this isn't Gamecube we're talking about...

The joy I felt when I found my GC component cables buried in my gaming bin in my garage.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I sold mine for a pretty penny a few years ago, but I kind of wish I hadn’t now. 

I still have my GameCube copies of all the Resident Evil games. And a component video cable.

Just sayin'... 😎

• Like 2

Dreamcast 4 Life here when it comes to RE2 and RE3. Visually, they are the best versions when properly output via VGA, IMO (480p!) though the GC versions are quite good as well but lack all of the extras in the PC and DC release and are limited to 480i. Plus the DC has full screen 60fps versions of the CG cut scenes. It also has the added benefit that I can shift right in the original version of Code Veronica on the DC.

I also have all RE titles released on the GC. REmake also not being prog scan on the GC is poop though!

So I'm on a work trip this week and brought my Vita along. 

I just go out of the police station and into the sewer with Leon and Ada in the original PSX version of RE2 played through on the Vita.:)

6 minutes ago, Romier S said:

So I'm on a work trip this week and brought my Vita along. 

I just go out of the police station and into the sewer with Leon and Ada in the original PSX version of RE2 played through on the Vita.:)

Dude, save the experience for the remake release.

They are likely to be very very different experiences with the new game calling back to certain elements/puzzles from the original but with significant twists and scenarios. I liken it to playing the original release of Resident Evil on the PSX vs REmake. Both are similar but in many ways remarkably different and worth experiencing on their own.

I would like to have RE2 fresh in my mind for when the remake lands as its been a good number of years since I revisited it and it'll be great/interesting to compare/contrast those experiences. Plus, these original RE games are such a minimal time commitment. Ever years on, I still remember where a lot of the needed items are and I'm more than halfway through the game in less than a hour and a half. RE1 and RE2 can be beaten in less than 3 hours by a good player just running through the game. The speedrunner folks have beaten RE2 in a little over 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

It took me about 10 hours to beat PS4 REmake.  I enjoyed almost all of it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

It took me about 10 hours to beat PS4 REmake.  I enjoyed almost all of it.

Pretty normal time for a first time playthrough, yeah. Once you know where the stuff is though and load past all of the cutscenes, etc? You can easily beat it in 3 hours or less. 

For the more insane master level stuff: